Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js. after Supervisor upgrade

After Supervisor upgrade from 209 to 213 Supervvisor won’t start

Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.

Rebootiing the whole system prevents homeassistant from starting also

2 Likes

Same here.

Just encountered this error this morning as well when trying to go to the supervisor section.

I was a bit hesitant to power cycle, but noticed other add-ons weren’t working as well. So I’ve powercycled the Pi and it’s all back up and running now. No longer getting that error.

I had a similar problem - couldn’t access the Supervisor or any Add-ons (eg; Node Red). I had to power cycle my HA Pi, and after reboot, things are better. However, in the Supervisor control panel, it’s not listing any installed Add-ons, even though I can access them through HA side panel links.

I’m still on HA 0.106.5 and OS 1.13, and haven’t manually upgraded anything in several weeks.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. When I click Supervisor I get the error, “Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.” I’m running HA in a Docker container on a NUC with Debian using the install script. Home Assistant 0.107.6. The configuration is valid, I have only a Test:Test entry in secrets.yaml

And the addon_core_ssh container won’t start. Portainer gives the error:

error gathering device information while adding custom device “/dev/ttyACM1”: no such file or directory

I rebooted the NUC several times, which eventually knocked out my entire Z-wave network, which worked several hours ago (Aeotec Gen 5). Where did my ACM1 port go?

Any suggestions?

1 Like

I finally solved it by:

1. reboot
  2. Start all containers you can start, starting with Home Assistant
  3. Then just wait, wait wait
  4. add all missing links in toolbar by disable/enable them in the integration menu

Mine is running now with supervisor 213

Regards, HArry

1 Like

Are you f*** kidding guys?
Yesterday it was working (I saw supervisor update pending). Then RedNode stopped working during night and I can see the same issues as listed in posts above.

Why the system is updating on its own?
Do you test a release before publishing?

3 Likes

@maxym, there is no need to use this language. This a know ‘feature’, supervisor updates automatically and AFAIK this can’t be stopped. And yes i agree, if it does upgrade by itself, at least after the upgrade your system should still run. If I search the forum, it’s a known ‘issue/feature’. I have made an automation that tells me when a new supervisor version is available so i can manually update and see if the system is still running after the update.

1 Like

FYI: My system just updated automatically to supervisor version 214. This went fine

1 Like

Not in my case.
Is there anything I can do? or should I wait more for automatic update?
Thanks in advance

I rebooted my VM in Proxmox and this came good. Quick fix.

I run Home Assistant on Docker on Ubuntu. I updated to 107.7 when it came out on 3/25. It ran fine for a couple of days but then I started getting the error reported in this thread when trying to open Supervisor. I restarted both the homeassistant and supervisor containers. The supervisor container disappeared. I tried rebooting my Ubuntu machine and the supervisor container is still completely gone. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do?

Guys can you provide me step by step instructions how to recover from the mentioned supervisor failure?
At this point I’m not going to restart RPi, cause there is a possibility to loose ssh.
ha su reload fails with

Post http://supervisor/supervisor/reload: dial tcp 172.30.32.2:80: connect: connection refused

error. What now?

I couldn’t fix it. Tried re-assigning the Aeotec dongle, various tweaks, and many restarts of both Hassio server and the whole NUC. I’m sure someone smarter than me could get it done but at some point restoring from backup seemed like my best option. I had to stop and remove the Docker containers and images and then re-install using the install script. Don’t forget to comment out the line about avahi in the install script. Reinstalled and restored from a backup. Yea for backups.

This same issue happened to me previously. I found others talking about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/fd5222/linux_install_supervisor_dead_after_update/. @frenck you commented in https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/issues/1556 that “Running the install instructions from our website again will fix this issue.” I re-ran the install per the instructions but now I’m running into this problem again. Can you please advise?

I’m having this same issue but it’s happened ever night the past 3 nights. The only way I’ve been able to fix it is to stop the supervisor services, remove all supervisor containers along with the home assistant container, rerun the setup script, and reboot. This gets everything working again and all is well all day but sometime around midnight it breaks again. Very frustrating because when it breaks all of my addons stop working which means no node red, which means no security system while we sleep. Is there any way to figure out what exactly is going on to make this happen?

Power cycling the Raspberry Pi that hosts the hass.io instance solved it for me (at least for now…).