Unable to login to Linux shell via SSH

I’m trying to login to the Linux shell but I don’t get in. After login via SSH, you end up in the Home Assistant shell, where ‘ha’ commands can be used. I’m trying to login into the Linux shell itself, by issueing the command ’ login’ after which i’m presented with the core-ssh login prompt. However, it doesn’t accept any credentials.
I want to install a Zabbix agent to monitor my homeassitant virtual machine.

not long time ago I asked for the same.
I’ve been told that I’m not allowed to do things I’m not intended to. If I need control over OS I should chose another installation method (supervised or so)

As you mentioned, login command should login you to inderlaying os console. It’s stated in documentation. But it doesn’t. I assume that this method stops working after installing ssh addon. IMO it works on vanilla installation (you need to connect monitor+keyboard if you have headless installation). AFAIK it was working some time ago even with ssh addon but I can be wrong.

I asked to remark this in docs or fix it respectively but got answer that this part of documentation is not going to change for sure.

Hope you will have more luck seeking the answer.

You shouldn’t do this, Home Assistant OS is meant to be the only thing running on your machine. If you want to install other things, you need to choose another install method.

The Linux shell itself… that is debug mode on port 22222 and you need to use a private key… the dev docs explain how to do this. However what are you trying to do? Maybe HA OS is the wrong installation option for you.

Thanks all for replying. Since I’m learning how to use Zabbix and have all my other VM’s monitored with an agent, I thought it would be cool to also have my Home assistant VM monitored. In case of high CPU, disk almost full and whatever can happen to an OS.
Prevent problems before they become a REAL problem. I guess if I want this, I have to install it on a supported Linux distro.

Thanks David, found it :slightly_smiling_face:

For anyone interested, read this. Might try it soon.