Unable to remove third party integrations

Hi
I have an Home Assistant installation over Debian
I can’t remove any third party integration
When I click to remove the confirm popup appears, I click ok and then…nothing
Could someone help ?

How are you removing them, using HACS?

I simply go in Integration, click on the 3dots menù and select to remove, after that a confirmation popup appears…I click ok and after nothing happens…the integration is still there
I tried with different browsers…tried a system reboot after the uninstall request, but nothing seems working

If you did not install 3rd party integrations with HACS you must have added some yaml configuration.

Delete this and restart.

Some are installed with hacs…like mikrotik and mikrotik router…some other without hacs

Well the ones installed with HACS should be removed using HACS.

The ones installed manually should have their associated config and config\custom_components files removed.

Ok so to remove mikrotik I have to remove mikrotik from hacs and reboot right ?

Yes, if you installed it with HACS.

If they have config_flow (show in the UI), it needs to be deleted there (/config/integrations) before you remove the files for them (which is what HACS does)

2 Likes

If I remove the integration in hacs and reboot, at restart i have a notification:

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

• mikrotik_router

But the integration is still there … and no chance to uninstall becouse I don’t have the 3dots menù

Apparently that wasn’t working, though I’m not sure where this was being done:

That and Unable to remove third party integrations - #10 by Akkor70 are the situations you get to when you remove files before removing the configuration

Add the integration with HACS again.

Try to set it up then delete it from the Configuration / Integrations UI. Then remove it using HACS.

ok, but how to delete from the Configuration / Integrations UI ?

Like this:

In other words:

Add it with HACS.

Go through the config flow to set up the integration in the UI again.

Then once it is set up, delete it from the UI with the three dots icon, then delete it in HACS.

Ok I followed your instruction
I removed the integration from config/integration, then removed from hacs and rebboted
Result:

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

• mikrotik_router

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:172
First occurred: 17:57:21 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:57:21

Setup failed for mikrotik_router: Integration not found.

Do you have any yaml config for this integration that needs removing?

If not, you may need to edit the .storage files.

What I have to edit in .storage ?

Please help me

The file is named config_entries, and inside that will be a setup configuration for mikrotik. You’ll have to properly remove the item from the json, which can be complicated if you don’t know what you’re doing. You’ll have to make the edits while home assistant is off as well.