Unable to upgrade Hass in Docker on Synology

Hi all,
I have Hass running in Docker on a Synology (DS420p).
I tried to update it, but I’m doing something wrong.
I followed instruction from https://www.wundertech.net/how-to-update-docker-containers-on-a-synology-nas/, that means I first made a backup of my Docker directories in File station.
Then in Docker I downloaded in the registry the newest version of home assistant (it was under home assistant/home assistant, not sue if that was the right one).
I stopped the container, renamed it to […]_backup, then renamed the new container to Home-assistant (similar as what now is the bakcup one).
After starting the container, I cannot get access to Hass.
Reversing the naming steps I can get back into the old one and then it works again.

So, how do I do a proper backup? Hope one of you can help me on this.

Did you do the “duplicate settings” to create the new container or did you just create a new container without linking your data volume that stores your configuration? Also did you read the breaking changes section for the version you are updating to as well as any version in between if you skipped over any versions? It is possible you have an error in your configuration that is preventing HA from starting.

Yes, the first time I did duplicate the setting to create a new container. But I’m not sure i did it in the second try again. Should I do it by duplicating, or is creating a new one better?
I didn’t read the breaking changes (where can I find these?).
I’ve never update before, so my version is over a year old. I definitely skipped several versions.

You want to duplicate settings because it keeps settings such as the volume mapping, host or port networking, and any environment variables you configured.

Go to the home assistant blog and find the posts for each version. In each post there will be a breaking changes section.