UniFi Network integration - official thread

Thanks. That’s all it needed.

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out what the “DPI inspection groups” are referring to and if this provides the functionality I am looking for. I’ve setup some traffic restrictions on my UDM Pro SE under “Settings” → “Traffic Management” and I would like to pause and resume them from Home Assistant as my home detects my presence or absence. Is this possible and how do I go about that?

Here’s what I did:

• I toggled the “Allow control of DPI restriction groups” option on in the integration’s configuration.
  • I looked for any devices / groups that seemed related to those traffic rules in the dropdown above that toggle, but didn’t find any.
  • I tried finding entities and/or devices by the Unifi Network integration that seems to be related to those traffic rules, but wasn’t able to do so.
  • I looked for entities (disabled or not) associated with my UDM Pro SE Unifi device, but didn’t find any that seemed related (only POE ports).

Is this not what this option is referring to? If this is not something the integration supports right now, do you see any chance on adding support for this feature?

Thanks for the great work on the integration!

1 Like

Someone reported that DPI is deprecated going forward, my guess is that it was replaced with traffic management with v2 or v3 of UniFi OS.

As I’m running UDMP I am still on v1 of UniFi OS so DPI is still ha thing for me.

Hello all!

Another release is out and the changes with Home Assistant 2023.2.0 are

Refactorisation progresses nicely and only client tracker is left and then re-add signalling to changes with config entry options.

I’ve gotten requests to buy me a coffee, I’m on Github Sponsors if you appreciate my work.

Cheers!

/Robban

For feature requests of the integration post an issue at aiounifi github

Changes slated for Home Assistant 2023.2

I’ve added the integration to a fresh install, but it picks up all my esphome devices immediately.
I don’t want my switches to be tracked… I did disable the “discover new entities” but it only works for stuff added after the unifi integration is installed.

I only want to track a few phones and laptops, not tens of sensors and switches… is there any way to remove the discovered entities from this integration?

ps: I tried to remove an existing esphome device one from the unifi network application, the device_tracker is gone but the “discovered” device is still there in the unifi integration, if I click on it I am brought to the device’s esphome page…

If you disable device tracking in the configuration option it should remove the entities, then you could try enable it again. If you have disabled to not enable new entities by default for the integration I think you can manually enable those you want to track, otherwise you will have to manually disable the ones you do not want.

I tried, the devices stay there, all of them.
The weirdest thing is that these esphome items are seen as ubiquiti devices, on par with the APs…
Also, when I tried enabling tracking for one ssid only (I have two), I still got device trackers from both networks…

Either I’m doing something wrong, or none of the integration options is working as it should. Network controller is running with the HA add-on so I expected a good experience.
Mind though, it only happens with esphome devices, stuff that’s tracked with opnsense or even other wifi devices from the unifi integration only show up as device_tracker.

Could it be some conflict between the esphome integration and unifi, where they both take ownership of a device?

This is an awesome integration you’ve got here! Very excited to see what’s coming in the future. Any plans on pulling usage/status data from the UDM itself?

+Have a coffee on me!

1 Like

This is what I mean (sorry for the italian language):

I somehow suspect that the ESPHome devices should not be here… yet there’s no way to get them out of this integration.

What usage/status data are you thinking about?

I’m not sure, the UniFi client tracker is under refactoring so there can be bugs still :slight_smile:

It would be somehow great if you could manually decide which device trackers to add or not to add. Besides esp devices, i don’t see the value of adding shelly devices or camera’s. For me only the device trackers of iphones have value.

I saw somewhere you mentioned wanting to merge the Unifi_gateway integration. I was referring to that. Also, have you thought about switches to enable/disable SSIDs!?!?!?!?!

Indeed, just picking up the whole lot makes no sense… unless someone wants to have double the entities showing up for some reason…
Also, I have ESPhome devices on a different SSID than the one I enabled… so why are they showing up?
Mind, only ESPhome devices show up, other stuff which sit on that same network (like my Wallbox or the Toon) don’t show up on Unifi Network.
This seems plain weird if you ask me.

You can, you can set entities to not be enabled by default, then you can enable what entities you want enabled.

Yes I would like to offer what the Unifi_gateway integration offers, its all about time…

Yes, I’ve been playing with control of WiFi before, the infrastructure in the library has been prepared to do that.

1 Like

This is not only about entities, it’s about devices. I don’t see why an ESPHome device should show up ALSO as an Unifi device, especially when it’s not an Unifi device!

Yes, and I have this. But after a period of time, I have over 5000 entities. And sometimes the integration stops working. I can’t find any logs about this. But when removing the integration it starts with 120 entites and it doesn’t stop.

I btw think this is because of my docker installation, which creates new MAC addresses pretty often. These are registered in Unifi as clients, but don’t do anything. Have no function what so ever. This is why i’d like to select the entities which get added to my integration.

I just went into the entities page, sorted by integration and selected all the device trackers and disabled them all, then went and enabled the few I needed

EDIT: I think you mean devices not entities, sorry