Unifi Presence Detection for only a few devices?

Hi @Robban

Unfortunately it has not improved at all. I just done a fresh install and had to (very painfully) go to each device’s RX and TX sensors of over 50 devices and disable them one by one…

I really just can’t comprehend why this integration was modified from the old way where we could just specify the devices we wanted to track, in my case it was 2, not 50+.

To say its frustrating is an understatement.
We definitely appreciate all the hard work you guys put in for us to have this magical piece of software, but sometimes it’s best to remember the saying. Don’t fix what isn’t broken…

You can disable creation of rx/TX sensors in the options section in the integration. I will add an option to only track specific clients

1 Like

Thank you.

But I don’t see the option of not creating the rx/TX sensors, is it the bandwidth usage sensors?

I would like to request another feature.
In the unifi controller under each device there’s another metric called “activity” this is the data usage/data transfer rate, it would be great if we can set automations based on that.

For example, my new Samsung TV’s integration is terrible, I’d like HA to know when the streaming of Netflix or plex start (based on the TV’s data usage) and then dim the lights etc.

Is that possible?

That might be a new sensor in it self perhaps?

Is it not possible to include it in the integration like the rx/tx sensors?
Or perhaps as an attribute?

I must admit I too had an issue like this and the problem has two parts. 1. The toggles in the integration to turn this behavior off are very unclear. The descriptions are not clear enough to know exactly how to do it. Also there is no documentation I could find about the toggles in the settings.
2. it is only possible to turn the discovery off after installation and therefore the discovery is on by default for a short period which is enough to flood the entity list with the devices you don’t want to include.

So like I said before it would be very appreciated if the discovery would be turned off by default and if we could get a whitelist to insert Mac addresses for the devices we would like to use.

The workaround I used was to go in my unifi environment and temporary block all devices accept the ones I want to track. Then install integration and toggle the discovery off. After that I unblocked the devices in unifi. Too much of a hassle if you ask me.

1 Like

How would this be calculated, this is nothing that the Unifi controller provides in the api

I don’t know if unifi provides it in the api or not but this is what I’m talking about

It does not, so how should it be calculated?

Sorry I don’t know what you mean @Robban… All I want is to trigger an automation when the activity goes above say 1mbps…
You’re the guru here

Hi @Robban

Just setup the integration on the newest HA, I just wanted to confirm, I don’t think you’ve implemented the suggestion I made above about the “activity”?

Also I’m having problems with the wired clients not reporting RX or TX?

Another problem is when I disable the RX and TX sensor entities that I don’t need, they enable themselves 2 seconds later. I can’t keep them disabled…

Thank you

No I haven’t. Can you report your issues on GitHub?

Sure, I’m sorry but can you link me to where I should report the issues?

Thank you

1 Like

Done. Please check it out

Thanks

Do you have a link to your report? I would like to follow along.

@Robban is there any update on how to only track a few devices with the current integration? I’m unable to delete the hundreds of entities UniFi integration brought in. I only want to track my phone. I don’t see any information in the documentation, if it’s there it’s not obvious. Appreciate your contribution.

This is from memory so ymmv :grin:. Go to unifi integration system options and make entities being disabled by default. Then you enable device tracker and the youd only need to enable those you’re interested in

I don’t see anything like that in the config. I would much perfer to whitelist devices that are brought in, instead of having them imported and then having to enable/disable each one. Even when they are ‘disabled’ they are still in HA unless I want to go through and edit my json files in .storage.

1 Like