Update 0.96.2 Life360 Integration problem - solved!

Hi,

I’ve come across an odd problem. I’m trying to change from the life360 custom component to the integration. I’ve followed the steps in the documentation but I always encounter the following error

Log Details (ERROR)

Sat Jul 20 2019 17:46:54 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit)

Error occurred loading config flow for integration life360: cannot import name ‘Life360’ from ‘life360’ (/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/life360/init.py)

I’m running hass.io on ubuntu 18.04.

Does anyone have a solution?

Did you follow these instructions:

You have to make sure you’re removed all remnants of the custom integration from your configuration directory (i.e., delete, not just move or rename), including any sub-directories. And you need to change your configuration. Please follow all instructions in the linked post and let me know if that doesn’t solve the problem.

I just double-checked and unfortunately, the issue persists. I have deleted everything related to Life360 in the config files because I am going for a fresh setup as far as the device trackers are concerned.

The folder custom_components is completely empty. The only place where I can see anything regarding Life360 is with the folder deps/lib/[python3.6|python3.7]/site-packages/[life360|life360-3.0.0.dist-info]

Do you have an idea what might be causing the integration set up to fail?

I thought I read somewhere that packages are no longer installed in /config/deps. I don’t use hassio but maybe that’s at least part of the problem.

1 Like

Thanks, you’ve put me on the right track. After I removed the unnecessary library files the integration went smoothly. :grinning:

1 Like