Update enitities in HA show unavailable after updating ESPHome to version 2023.3.1

After updating esphome from 2023.3.0 to 2023.3.1, the update entities for all esphome devices are showing unavailable.

Dialog says the entity is no longer providing by the esphome integration.

I didn’t see anything in the changelog or any results from google. Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

Well, it fixed itself after updating home assistant core to 2023.3.6! I think it had more to do with restarting home assistant though. I think I better try a restart before anything else next time.

1 Like

I see the same behaviour with my device firmware entities. A restart didn’t help :frowning:

Same here, seems lately whenever I update HA and/or esphome, it seems devices are no longer available in HA

I only have 2, one esp-cam and one DHT22, but after update it showed 3 devices. one with the name of the dht, but with values of the cam, one cam with no values, and one dht working (dunno if this could help in troubleshooting root cause)

What I always end up doing is deleting them from config > integrations, then restart esphome addon. Wait a few minutes and you’ll be greeted with a newly discovered device. Re-add it (no need to rewrite configs). Restart esphome addon again if not all devices are discovered.

It’s a bit annoying, but this way is fastest to get it back up and running pretty easily

Hope it helps

I have still this problem with HA 2023.5.2.