Update to 0.50.2 from 0.49

I just did the update and now my zwave is broken.

2017-09-12 06:19:38 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 194, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 388, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 286, in _wakeup
    value = future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 277, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/__init__.py", line 263, in setup
    config_path=config[DOMAIN].get(CONF_CONFIG_PATH))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/openzwave/option.py", line 82, in __init__
    libopenzwave.PyOptions.__init__(self, config_path=config_path, user_path=user_path, cmd_line=cmd_line)
  File "src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx", line 675, in libopenzwave.PyOptions.__init__ (openzwave-embed/open-zwave-master/python-openzwave/src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.cpp:11164)
libopenzwave.LibZWaveException: "LibOpenZwave Generic Exception : Can't find config directory /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site_packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config"

How do i fix this?

My old Z-wave config path was:

/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/python_openzwave/ozw_config

That doesn’t exist any longer

Now the ozw_config directory is located at:

/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site_packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config

I updated it in the configuration.yaml file. Still not working as seen in the log entry above.

That’s your problem, you need to specify a directory in your configuration, not the directory plus file.

solved!

I restored my previous backup to a known good system.

Then I ran the upgrade to 0.50.2 again just as before.

Then I waited…about 20 minutes later i logged in to find the zwave config error again.

This time the only thing I did was update the config directory location in configuration.yaml with the exact same line as before. Then restart HA.

Now it works.

I’m not sure what I did any different this time aside from waiting around 20 minutes after I started the HA service after the upgrade.