Updated to HA 0.100.2 and device tracker and Ios cannot be setup

I have just upgraded from 0.9 something to 0.100.2 and I read the breaking changes I thought but upon restart I get the following issues (invalid config for ios and device tracker)

If I click check config I get no errors, but my app shows the ios component not loaded etc, and my presence detection does not work.

I have gone back and read the guide for device tracking, but do not understand it enough to know why this and the app have stopped working.

Which version of the app are you using?

The Beta 2.0 or release v1.5?

The beta version currently has a problem with telling that HA v0.100 is greater than v0.99 and is causing the app to crash. There is a hacky work around.

v1.5 has not been updated for quite some time and is not actively being worked on. So if something is broken it is likely to stay that way as the 2.0 release is just waiting on Apple’s review before release.

I had something similar - check all your device trackers - I had an old legacy (and removed) unifi tracker that as it failed, stopped the whole component from loading. This in turn stops other components (such as iOS) that depend on it.

oh goody…

I am using the 1.5v of the app. might just revert if possible to an old version of HA. Will have a look at device trakers mark, I do have a unifi tracker although dont think it was that old. Wish I had not bothered with the update thats for sure

ok, so commenting out my device tracker - unifi platform has solved the issue and the app works but all my devices that were presence detected by unifi are still showing so how is that working?

this is the code I commented out:

#device_tracker:
#  - platform: unifi
#    host: !secret My_IP
#    port: 8443
#    username: !secret Unifi_user
#    password: !secret Unifi_password
#    site_id: "default"
#    verify_ssl: false
#    detection_time: 60
#    interval_seconds: 60
#    consider_home: 180
#    dont_track_wired_clients: 'true'
#    ssid_filter:
#      - 'Home-network'
#    new_device_defaults:
#      track_new_devices: True
#      hide_if_away: False

but I can still see devices as present that presumably I am getting from Unifi?

A lot of things are showing up as entity unavailable looking at the unifi integration, but not all?

I dont understand why I had to comment it out for the update to work, I dont understand how its still working with it commented out either.

1 Like

Because as indicated in the BREAKING CHANGES in the release, UNIFI was moved to a top level, and is no longer sub categorized under device tracker…

1 Like

thanks @flamingm0e just for my benefit where does it showing a breaking change for Unifi in the 0.1 ?

I can see this line:

in all changes, but cannot see where I should have been looking to pre-empt this issue. Being still very new to HA I also do not understand what unifi being moved to top level means? does it mean I should still have the code but not under device trackers or does it mean I do not need the code anymore?

It says nothing in 100 because the breaking change happened in 0.99

Unifi - Removes support of directly configuring the UniFi platform for device trackers. Use unifi: instead. Extra configuration through config entry options from the GUI (see release notes 0.98 for example) and through unifi configuration in configuration.yaml will continue to work.- (@Kane610 - #26587) (unifi docs)

That’s why you read breaking changes on every release before you update.

It means it was moved out of “device_tracker” domain and moved into a “unifi” domain.

You should read the docs. It’s explained there WHERE the configuration happens and where you can add custom options.

Ah perfect thank you. I see now in terms of the breaking change, now to just get my head around how to change my code.

Thanks again