Updating Aeotec Multisensor 7 Firmware with Home Assistant?

Hey Everyone!

I am just starting out on my z-wave journey. I recently purchased an Aeotec Z-Stick 7, Aeotec Multisensor 7, and a few First Alert Zcombo smoke detectors. I’ve updated the stick to version 7.17.2 using Linux and the USB port. The smoke detectors do not yet have a firmware update.

But I wanted to use Home Assistant to upgrade the Multisensor 7 firmware from 1.1 to the current 1.3.7. I’ve downloaded the firmware from their site and uploaded it using the Home Assistant device control panel:

…and followed the instructions.

The prompt mentions an optional “uncheck the box” step, but no checkbox is visible here.

The firmware appeared to transfer to the device (percent progress went to 100% while the device blinked like a maniac). However, nothing changed after that. I waited a few hours after the firmware upload, but still nothing. I then restarted Home Assistant. Nothing. I then restarted the device. Nothing.

What should have happened after the firmware update upload? Did I miss a step? Does the Home Assistant firmware update tool not yet work for the Aeotec Multisensor 7?

Thanks again for being an awesome community!!

Phade.

(moving thread to “Hardware” forum)

Turns out it worked eventually. Once uploaded to the device, it apparently takes a VERY long time to install new firmware. I left it sitting overnight and the firmware appears to have been installed correctly.

If you run into this problem, just give it lots of time and see if that works for you.

1 Like