Updating to 61.0 Hassio

Use curl -d ‘{“version”: “0.60.1”}’ http://hassio/homeassistant/update
no quotation marks.

2 Likes

Ouch. I expect they will fix in a day or so so I’m not rolling back as I already changed configuration for google assistant and I can use ssh to update… Don’t know how you can get around not having ssh. Hopefully a knowledgeable person will step in and help as there are bound to be a bunch of people with this issue.

How about those of us who decided to install for the first time, scratching our head and then finding this thread :slight_smile:

Is there a way to get a slightly older release so that I can get started?

Thanks for the quick responses! So the only thing I did NOT try (until now) but works… is typing the whole command into the PuTTY terminal instead of using the copy / paste version of it. It looks identical on the screen, so I cannot explain why this is the case. But it works. All I typed, manually, after the core-ssh:~# prompt was this:

curl -d ‘{“version”: “0.60.1”}’ http://hassio/homeassistant/update

I also issued the command to restart afterwards
hassio homeassistant restart

Thank you everyone!

2 Likes

Downgrade hassio. Install and configure SSH and Samba share.
All your config file will be in \HASSIO\config.
You will downgrade home assistant software not configuration files.

1 Like

Yep, losing my mind until I saw this, typing in manually did the trick for me too. Thanks all!

1 Like

That’s good for people that can do this but if they are on 0.61 and don’t have ssh or samba, they can’t roll back.

3 Likes

Yeah, that worked for me to. Had to type it in instead of copy/paste. Now rolled back.

Same issue here.

SSH seems to have stopped working after the upgrade too, only get “Permission Denied” even though it worked fine 10 minutes before the update

Anyone has a clue?

The quotation marks in the command are being formatted by this forum. If the command doesn’t work, manually go and delete and then re-type the quotation marks.
curl -d '{"version": "0.60.1"}' http://hassio/homeassistant/update

3 Likes

Have you seen any way to fix the 61 issue without hassio ssh?

2 Likes

I have the same issue. At first I thought that I screwed up by not including the hassio cloud component. I did a fresh install which had all of the same issues. It appears that one can’t install the latest and greatest hassio right now.

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: hassio.homeassistant

Does this mean everyone is trying to downgrade?

Lesson learned… never upgrade without checking forum first

When I use PuTTy to SSH into the pi, I get Network connection refused. Is there another way to SSH? Is there an older download image to reburn to an SD card to downgrade?

If you do that you just get the HomeAssistant logo on the monitor. You cannot get to the console with HASSIO using a USB keyboard on the pi.

Always upgrade version 0.xx.1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys. I ran into the same problem. Thank you to Vlad for the solution. However, I feel like it needs some explanation. What worked for me was sending the command from the homeassistant docker image cmdline. If you have SSH access or console access to your raspberry pi (or docker host), you can get to the shell of the homeassistant image. You use:
docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash
then issue:
curl -d '{"version": "0.60"}' http://hassio/homeassistant/update

Takes about 10 minutes as mentioned by Vlad

6 Likes

Also had the issue. Attempted to flash clean, but the hass.io image unfortunately downloads the latest HA version automatically, meaning that even on a fresh image, I still got the same version, and the same error. Is there anyway to flash an older version, or force an older version to be downloaded upon a clean install?

Same here :frowning:
I’m going to downgrade but I dont’t think this is the right metodology for release a new Version of Hassio.

1 Like

I’ve successfully downgraded due to all the above errors, but I also spotted lots of chromecast errors in the logs, I didn’t manage to copy them unfortunately. Anyone else?