Upgrade to 0.48.0 broke discovery

Just upgraded to 0.48.0 and now get this message in log when restart.
Wemo and cast devices are not discovered.

2017-07-02 03:36:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component discovery Traceback (most recent call last): File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 187, in _async_setup_component result = yield from component.async_setup(hass, processed_config) File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 141, in coro res = func(*args, **kw) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/discovery.py", line 75, in async_setup from netdisco.discovery import NetworkDiscovery ImportError: cannot import name 'NetworkDiscovery'

Also get this in the panel

Invalid config
The following components and platforms could not be set up:

discovery

Please check your config

Thanks…

Working here.

Have seen many of other posts that relate to the discovery not working after 0.48.0 update.

Has any dev looked at this?

Did you check Github and see if there was an issue raised that matched your symptoms? If so, comment and add your findings so that they can see the extent of the people effected.

If not, raising an issue there would be the best way to get a dev to look into it.

Just a personal observation, but I think discovery is a bit hit and miss. There’s a lot of posts where discovery has botched something for somebody across every version since I found HA. It never worked properly for me, so I just disabled it and manually added everything. There used to be quite a few bug reports for it on the github, and I’m sure there was one recently where somebody was getting multiple copies of the same device.

I don’t know. I guess discovery is a nice easy option if it works, but manual configuration is not so complicated, so I kinda prefer it the latter way anyway. Like for the OP, I don’t use wemo, but for the chromecasts just add
-platform: cast
to your media_player section and it’s sorted.

1 Like

I do the same thing, even though I have discovery turned on.

Bit of a belt and braces guy, Mr P?? :smile:

1 Like

Wow, can you see my belly from there? I gotta exercise… LOL

Yeah; I guess so. I mean I have 4 different methods of backups…

1. PC - Cloud based, continuous
  2. PC - Image based, daily and stored locally
  3. Pi - nightly TAR backups
  4. Pi - monthly Images
  5. Media (Movies/Music/Pictures - archived to spare removables.

I’ve been hurt before. LOL

1 Like

I just started using HA so the discovery has been very helpful.
But I get your point and will now also manually add components that
I know I need and then leave discovery do the rest.

rpitera,

In your past an hour ago you mentioned that you make TAR backups of your rpi. Are these backups automated. If so, how do you do them? Are they only HA config files?

TIA

Steven

I use a Web Management UI called Webmin. It manages my system updates, file system backup, acts as a dashboard for stats, controls services and servers, etc. Really beautiful and helpful if you aren’t guru level at Linux or Linux services (hint: I’m not.)

There’s an interface to set up recurring backups. I just tar the /home/hass and /home/pi dirs each night. It sets the options and the schedule through cron, but all with a nice web based interface. I can’t say enough good things about it.

http://www.webmin.com/

I have a few other tools I use like phpMyadmin and MonitorIX for nice stats graphics.

MonitorIX - http://www.monitorix.org