Upgraded HACS now HA fails to start

I’ve upgraded HACS and now HA fails to start. I’ve commented it out in config.yaml. I don’t see any erros in logs but it still wont start.

Is it possible to stop an integration from running without the Web interface?
Any suggestion on how to get back up and running would be most appreciated. I don’t really want to start over.

Thanks
Trevor

You can delete the folder in custom components… Are you sure there is nothing in the logs? It may take longer to start after you upgrade HACS too… how long did you wait?

Are you sure it didn’t start or did you just not have access to Lovelace, page fails to load error? If you setup SSH or Samba can you get to your device? I have seen this intermittently and never saw an error in HA. I found errors in chrome and it is some type of security issue. Did a search on this and the suggested rebooting the router then restarting my RPI worked for me.

@bschatzow @DavidFW1960 thanks for your help. I’ve recovered HA. I commented out HACS from the config and renamed the HACS directory in custom components. I tested access after 30mins and it didn’t work. I looked again 24 hours later and the interface was back, but complaining about HACS.

If an update fails, such as HACS or HA itself, can it be rolled back from the command line. I do back-up to Google, but I need a working system to access that.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate you giving your time

Trevor

So are you saying that HA started but you had no access to it through the web? If so, maybe some more info would be helpful for future troubleshooting?

I had a similar situation on the last update from 2019. No helpful errors in the log. I like you deleted the HACS, etc. Didn’t help. I reinstalled and restored my backup. Later I saw messages in blogs to check the browser for errors.

I had a similar update issue on this week’s update. No access from my browser. I then reset my router and then my pi and it came back successfully. Next time it happens I’ll capture the error message in chrome via F12 (it was security related) and post for others.