Native User Manager w/User Logins/Views/Access Control

I’ve been working with and learning HA for 6-7 months now and have really enjoyed it.
That said, my family have not been learning it and don’t have a lot of interest.
HA has a place to enter users but no separate user logins. It would be helpful to have separate user/passwords for family members, housekeepers, maintenance, neighbors where we could assign a specific dashboard to each with access to just what they want or need.
For example:
Spouse/Kids: Alarm Settings, Locks, Switches, Outlets
No automations or sensors except alerts.
Housekeeper: Alarm Settings, Locks, Switches.
Nothing else.
Family: Alarm Settings, Locks, Switches, Outlets
Nothing else.
Etc.
Put simply, not everyone needs to, or wants to see everything. It can be confusing and overwhelming.
Thanks,

Dan

In the hope that you use lovelace, take a look at CCH

You can set a separate password for each login. Go to Configuration → Users, press on the + sign in the bottom right corner, add your user with your desired password. For the rest check out CCH as @VDRainer suggested.

Wouldn’t someone be able to turn lovelace view off in order to have control over all devices?

CCH shouldn’t be used if the separation of users is due to security reasons as this can easily bypassed (not sure, but your method may be one way to bypass this). There’s currently no way to achieve a secure environment where the user can only access certain things.

Yeah! Simply open http://your.hostname:8123/states and you have it all.

Thank you all for the solution. I will give it a shot.
In the meantime, a native user manager function, with access controls, dashboard control, that is also secure is, in essence what I am hoping for/suggesting.
I know the HA crew are hard at work. Hopefully this will get to them and rank high enough to warrant the time investment.

Thanks!

Dan

This would allow guest access to each and every device which is what the original poster is trying to prevent.

I know the HA crew are hard at work. Hopefully this will get to them and rank high enough to warrant the time investment.

This has been requested before, quite a while back: Multiple Users/Accounts

Hopefully it will be added in the future.

He just gave you an answer to this :wink:

And told you how a guest could bypass CCH.

I hope that more robust user access management is on the way. They have the framework in place and do restrict admin content from regular users but it would also be very useful to restrict tabs/cards/entities.

I have built a small webapp as a temporary solution for this problem: HASS-WH-Triggers (secure remote access for webhook triggers)
It only provides simple buttons and requires the logic to be within the fired automation. So it is not a solution for every need. But for me it allows me to let my brother unlock my front door in a very secure way. Since today I even have added optional geo-information, so I can verify he’s not unlocking the door while being nowhere near my home.
Unfortunately this is not available as an add-on and in general probably a bit tricky to set up. Nevertheless it might do the job for some of you. :+1: