Using a service call to change device parameters

I have an Aeotec Garage Door Controller, ZW062 and I need to update it parameters to disable the alarm and flashing light. I’m trying to do this using a Service Call. Here’s the yaml:

service: zwave_js.set_config_parameter
data:
  parameter: '37'
  value: '0'
target:
  entity_id: switch.aeon_labs_garage_door_controller_gen5

I keep getting this error:

websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: Configuration parameter with value ID 18-112-0-37 could not be found

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Is this part of an automation, or a one time thing? If one time, you can just change it in the device UI.

Parameter 37 is a partial parameter. You are missing the bitmask field, or the parameter name. Consult the device DB for details. If you don’t want to use the partial and wish to set the full value yourself, call the zwave_js.bulk_set_partial_config_parameters service instead.

However, based on the parameter definition, 0 would be an invalid value even for the bulk command. To just disable the alarm you need to provide the bitmask field or use the parameter by name.

data:
  parameter: 37
  bitmask: 0xff
  value: 0

By name would look like this:

data:
  parameter: "Opening Alarm"
  value: "Disable"

The names will vary based on which version of zwave-js is installed and when the node was interviewed, as config files are updated. So you might need to re-interview the node if your names don’t match. For this reason it’s safer to use the bitmask and raw values.

For this device you can also disable the signaling via the two switch entities with “signal” in their name. There is still a delay when opening and closing, just no signaling.

I’m trying to use a script to update the parameters. I was not able to find where to set it in the zwavejs control panel. The device config directs you to the DB. I would like to have a script as when the power is lost to this device and then restores, it defaults to flashing and delayed opening. Having a script that could that would be more convenient; there are actually a few parameters I need to set for this, but baby steps. I’m quite new to HA. How can set the parameter via the device UI?

By the way, I tried this and got the same error:

service: zwave_js.set_config_parameter
target:
  entity_id: switch.aeon_labs_garage_door_controller_gen5_signaling_state_visual
data:
  parameter: 37
  bitmask: '0xff'
  value: 0

It had to do with this:
Re-install zwavejsmqtt