Using Play Media automations with Sonos result in complete loss of original audio playback

Hey all, new to Home Assistant (but blessedly not tech or software dev) and running into a strange thing.

I’ve got a webhook automation that when triggered does a Play Media event to my Sonos living room speakers, using TTS to read an announcement. This works fantastically with just one teeny tiny issue…

After it finishes reading the announcement, I am met with silence. That is to say, if I was watching TV and then the automation triggers, the TV goes quiet and the announcement is made, and my TV never takes over the audio again.

Do I need to explicitly fire some sort of “release” command to the sonos to let it know to go back? I seem to only be able to get the TV audio back by just pausing all inputs to the TV for a couple minutes and then unpausing what I was doing.

sonos.snapshot

sonos.restore

1 Like

you are my hero, I’ll give this a shot as soon as I’m back home :smiley:

Don’t forget to wait for the TTS message to finish playing before you execute sonos.restore. You can use wait_template or wait_for_trigger.

1 Like