Using SOnOff devices

My system, which is LAN only, currently has a couple of older SOnOff devices, but I had to flash them with custom ROM to make them work. Needless to say, seeing that SOnOff devices can be used ‘out of the box’ is of great interest to me.

I purchased a couple of new SOnOff devices, including a S26 smart plug. I did not see this device on my newly built Home Assistant system, so I looked around. This page, GitHub - AlexxIT/SonoffLAN: Control Sonoff Devices with eWeLink (original) firmware over LAN and/or Cloud from Home Assistant appears to address my issues, however:

• Only firmware V3+ is supported. I suspect that my new devices are V3+, correct?
  • I have no idea how to get the devicekey since ‘Put the device in setup mode’ in the section ‘Getting devicekey manually’ is unexplained. Can you clarify please?

I note that the S26 device has a number on the sticker on the box (starts with IMI and is under a barcode) and a number (10 digit alpha-numeric) printed on the device itself. Are either of these important?

try this ewelink official addon

if you use the Sonoff device’s without any firmware changes, you can also download the eWelink app on your phone. There you can see all your Sonoff device’s on your network, also see and update the firmware.

Read the documentation carefully. Manual acquisition of equipment. It is very well described.

Described - yes. Very well - definitely not! The web page reads: Put the device in setup mode, but it never tells the reader how this is done. I assume that the text is referring to the SOnOff device, but again, no way of knowing.

I did some looking around and it appears that to enter setup mode, I need the IP address of the device. More reading and I found “Long click on manage button (let will start blinking fast). Look for wifi access point starting with “ITEAD-10000”.” Some further searching and I found that to see the available WiFi access points, from a Windows CMD, run ‘’netsh wlan show profiles”. I did this, but no access point starting with ITEAD. Now what??

It is written in the documentation:

Getting devicekey manually
Put the device in setup mode
Connect to the Wi-Fi network ITEAD-10000, password 12345678
Open in browser http://10.10.7.1/device
Copy deviceid and apikey (this is devicekey)
Connect to your Wi-Fi network and setup Sonoff via the eWeLink app

The setting mode is when the device is waiting for pairing.
It is set with the pairing button on the device.
The LED on the device flashes regularly.

I have no idea why you want to do this when, despite the classic integration of the device, it also works in a LAN network except for a few devices that need a cloud.