USPS, FedEx, UPS Custom UI Card & Lovelace (Updated 2-29-2020, Newer version available)

I added the path to 131 and not 133. I don’t know why I got so confused. That said, now I get this error.

Integration not found: packages

packages: !include_dir_named includes/packages

The above is what is in my config.yaml file.

The packages must be configured under the homeassistant: area at the top of the config. Like so as described in the Packages docs

homeassistant:
  packages: !include_dir_named packages

It doesn’t have to be the first item under it but must come after homeassistant: and before any other none indented items.

Trying to move this forward and create simplicity. My first attempt at a custom component. Fully functional, I just don’t know how to get configuration option from the yank to pass into the component so the code has to be edited with email details.

Looks like this component is causing asyncio issues and the event loop eventually halts. What is your approach to testing this…perhaps without home assistant? Is there a driver example?

@ [moralmunky is this still working in lieu of the recent deprecation of the USPS, FEDEx, and UPS components? I like the way you have it it is very nice.

The linked forum thread:

is likely going to be your best option going forward.

Thanks for the information. I checked that out yesterday but I was not sure it would working in a HASSIO in Proxmox using the command line.

It’s a custom component, works with all versions of Home Assistant installs.

Ah cool I will check it out then, 17Track.net is just not cutting it.

1 Like

I’ve got everything installed and working except the lovelace card. I have the individual sensors but no lovelace and it breaks the lovelace page when I try to save the custom card. Any ideas where to go? Running Hassio in Docker with an Ubuntu machine.

Many hours later and a few days…:wink:
had not added a camera to the configuration.yaml file (see below)
Also I was using Apple email and could not for the life of me figure out why it wouldn’t work and I switched to Google email and an app specific password and no issues. If anyone can get an apple IMAP email and app specific password to function I’d love to learn how.

camera:
platform: mail_and_packages

markpuls: Can you quickly write up the changes you did? I just switched to hassio and I have the same behavior. Adding the camera does not help.

Edit: I think I got it. It look reading a lot of threads to know you need to do the setup via the integrations menu in configuration

I followed Adrian’s YouTube channel/video @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sVwEco28zc
And he broke it down very nicely in steps and the only area that got me was not adding the camera integration to the configuration.yaml file. I was similar to his install being a Hassio in docker. I gave up on iCloud email address and changed everything gmail and had no problems.
Sure wish this was a supported integration with login capability- need USPS and all to have an API some day to help with that!

Finally! mystery solved- I got the GIF to work. hen adding the integration from the “configuration” left menu bar, then selecting “integrations” and selecting the “mail and packages” integration, you probably copied and pasted the if using in docker path wrong. You must include the / forward slash at the end of the path: /config/www/mail_and_packages/ DO NOT /config/www/mail_and_packages without a foward slash at the end. As soon as I did that it worked- total rookie mistake I made and haunted me for days and hours of research!

@moralmunky I got this new version setup from your redesign (https://github.com/moralmunky/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages) version. Question I have is there a way to add title icons on the cards you show in the instructions? Is there a place under Lovelace section here that shows more ways to create the cards? Looking for some other ideas on lovelace cards. I would love to add the delivery companies logos next to theirs names using the FontAwesome Icons they have but only the enitry card allows you to add icons for titles no luck with other cards.

@moralmunky is working on a new custom lovelace card.
Keep your eyes on this thread for it’s release.

@gdreelin Released a new mail and packages love lace card a few days ago. I used the custom weather card as a base and built it up from there.

Thank you so much that is great!!

Could somebody help me get past this point.

I’m currently running hassio version 0.106.1

I added the component using HACS, Set the sensors and automation as per the github page. And also setup the Lovelace view.

I just can’t figure out how to properly config this part.

What are we supposed to put as host?
I get emails daily for usps on a icloud account and a gmail account. (both send the same information and images)
I assume Username is what I would logon as on the web site as well as the password I use.
I use hassio so the path is set as. /config/www/mail_and_packages/
any advice you could give?

Host is your imap server, like imap.gmail.com
username is your email username
password is your password: if you use 2factor, you need to make a app password, not your normal password
yes, you got the path correct for hassio

Be sure with hassio to install imagemagick.You can do an apt-add manually, but it will go away when you update. Best to make an automation to install it every restart, if needed:

in automations.yaml:

- id: '1580959847740'
  alias: install imagemagick on restart
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - event: start
    platform: homeassistant
  condition: []
  action:
  - delay: 0:0:20
  - service: shell_command.install_imagemagick

in configuration.yaml