UVC (unifi video) component laggy/choppy?

I just discovered the UVC component, so I enabled it. Previously I was using FFMPEG cameras as such:

#  - platform: ffmpeg
#    input: '-rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://192.x.y.z:7447/5ae292a01a8c51921d0dae59_1'
#   extra_arguments: '-q:v 2 -r 20 -vf "scale=1280:720"'
#   name: Garage Left

however when I switched to UVC component, I get VERY choppy video…as in like maybe 1-2fps. The window comes up faster, but with ffmpeg I had very smooth video. I wasn’t able to find any other topics, but wondering if anyone else has this issue? I think I’m going to go back to using FFMPEG because the refresh rate is highly unacceptable.

If you look under the Customizations options in the UI (when advanced UI is enabled), you’ll notice that it seems like the UVC cameras use the Camera Proxy service internally to stream video:

“The current proxy capabilities are intended to reduce the camera bandwidth for slower internet connections.”

This is what I think is going on. What would be good though, is that if you could specify your own proxy settings and then assign that to the camera. Then at least you could control what sort of resolution and frame rate you’d like to have…