Vallox Integration not visible in HASS installed on Ubuntu

Yes I can, but it does not respond.

Network does work otherwise, why Home Assistant Vallox module would need the Gateway to response to it (with ping) to work properly?

What value would be to add Home Assistant to public internet? Currently it’s less risky and enough to get the home systems to discuss between each others in “offline” environment.

If the gateway doesn’t respond, it’s not pingable. That indicates a broken network.

Because Docker is using the host it is on as a “nat” device. If your network is broken, translation is broken.

You aren’t ADDING your HA to the public internet, you are giving it the ability to talk to the internet for things like updates, add-ons, DNS (hassio was hardcoded to Google DNS servers, not sure what it is any more), etc.

What risk do you really perceive by allowing your HA to talk to the internet if you aren’t forwarding any traffic TO the HA instance?

Gateway does respond now. “Broken network” was a setting to allow ICMPv4 inbound from Windows Firewall.

Network should now be fixed? HA still don’t show Vallox under states. What’s next?

And your virtual machine is running in BRIDGED mode on the network interface?

Does virtual machine now refers to docker, hassio or something else? How to check is it running in BRIDGED mode on network interface?

Virtual machine NEVER refers to docker itself. Docker is not virtualization.

You yourself said it was running in Virtualbox. What are the VIRTUALBOX settings on the network interface? IN THE SETTINGS of Virtualbox

Yes, I tried the Ubuntu 18… at first within VirtualBox - that didn’t work neither. Since that (from post number 2. onwards) had been using Ubuntu 16.04 in PC - without any VirtualBox. It’s faster.

Hopely this clears the wrong assumption and proper instructions can be given.

Perhaps the title of the thread should be changed then?

Agree. Hopely it does not confuse forum readers.

Previous title: “Vallox Integration not visible in VirtualBox installed Ubuntu HASS”
->
Current title: “Vallox Integration not visible in HASS installed on Ubuntu”

Still have the same issue, Vallox integration is not visible - not via VirtualBox installation nor via Ubuntu installation (done according to instructions). Any instructions or debugging hints?

Hi,
I have the same problem. I have HassIO running on raspberry PI 4 (raspian). I am familiar with linux and administration, but a beginner with home assistant etc.

I cannot find any Vallox under developer tools / states nor in the Integrations list (where I think it should be like all other integrations, like hue etc). I can see the vallox server on a local IP .
Network setup is all on the same ip network ( raspi on 192.168.178.2 and Vallox on 192.168.178.60 ) . .1 is the router .

Expected behaviour: show Vallox in integrations, when adding ask for the IP done.