Vallox: Report heat recovery cell state

Hi,
I’d like to see the Vallox ventilation unit integration also report the current heat recovery cell state (heat recovery, cool recovery, bypass, defrosting). I believe it’s already available with current websocket API (https://github.com/yozik04/vallox_websocket_api) using A_CYC_CELL_STATE. It’s an interesting statistic as it relates closely to “unexpected” behavior of the temperatures reported by the integration.
OpenHab has documented it ValloxMV - Bindings | openHAB as: 0=heat recovery, 1=cool recovery, 2=bypass, 3=defrosting. I think it should be rather straight forward to add as new sensor to the integration but I’m new to HA development.

2 Likes

Maybe I should try to implement this myself, just not sure of how to test this really…
Checked the Vallox docs (linked in the websocket API repo) and also those list the sensor (values 0-3):

4616 CELL_STATE R 0 3 Cell state [heat recovery, cool recovery, bypass, defrosting]

Oh cool. I never got around to doing anything for this myself but looks like it’s been implemented now Add Cell State sensor to Vallox by andre-richter · Pull Request #58358 · home-assistant/core · GitHub.