Verifying Z-wave network_key prior to migration to Z-wave JS

I’m beginning the steps to migrate from Z-Wave to Z-Wave JS. I should note that my HA Supervised install is running well on a NUC running Ubuntu. I just want to upgrade to the new Z-Wave JS to take advantage of some new features.

One of the first steps is to make sure you have the z-wave network_key saved somewhere. I keep pretty good records and I have it saved in a setup doc and it matches the network_key in my configuration.yaml. I decided to verify these against the key in the core.config_entries file and much to my surprise that key is different from what is in the yaml file. I’m not sure which key to trust or use in the migration to z-wave JS.

Why would these keys differ? Which one should I use in the migration? Please advise. Thanks.

I believe that the one in configuration.yaml will override the ones in the config entry, but you can just try each one and see which one works. Any secure devices like locks will simply fail to operate remotely with the wrong key.

Thanks Rob.

I used the key from my configuration.yaml file (the one I had created back when I install my Z-Wave network) and it worked.