Versions packages in HACS

Hi there,

I’d want to share some thaughts about packages that can be found into HACS repository.
In these days I’m working with upcoming media card in order to configure it with Trakt site.
I noted that some features didn’t work and reading the support page, a user suggested (to who experienced the same issues), to check if it has been download the old version or the updated one.

So checking the package available in HACS, it is the 0.4.4 version, while the version on the github official page of the card is 0.5.5 (released in April 9th, 2024).

Then I added manually the new repository to HACS and downloaded the newer version of the card.

So I wonder what to do with the packages I downloaded yet from HACS: executing a check there were many updates to do of packages updated recently but that HA did not notify me.
In this case I click on “download again”, but I wonder if this was already done automatically.

So how could I check which is the version of my integrations respect to the latest ones on github?

Your issue is specific to that component.
The original, GitHub - custom-cards/upcoming-media-card: 📺 A card to display upcoming episodes and movies from services like: Plex, Kodi, Radarr, Sonarr, and Trakt., has been removed/blacklisted from HACS for whatever reason. This is where you got your 0.5.5 manually.

The version referenced by HACS is GitHub - NemesisRE/upcoming-media-card: 📺 A card to display upcoming episodes and movies from services like: Plex, Kodi, Radarr, Sonarr, and Trakt. and is still at 0.4.4 indeed.