Viessmann Component

wtf? 19.99€? That’s insane. I’ll write to them aswell. Thanks, @timurp for pointing me in that direction.

1 Like

I think it is targeting professional customers e.g. when you are managing multiple installations etc. For individual consumers the price is indeed unacceptable.

That would be reasonable. But that’s not how they currently slice it. They seemingly arbitrarily decided that all Fuel Cell related API’s are paid. But the PT2 Fuel Cell is targeted at single homes not at professionally managed multi tenant homes…

1 Like

Ah, that is indeed bad. Can’t understand this way of excluding fuel cells from the free tier

i just found this in the log:

>  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareAbstractOAuthManager.py", line 41, in get
>     self.__handle_server_error(response)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareAbstractOAuthManager.py", line 60, in __handle_server_error
>     raise PyViCareInternalServerError(response)
> PyViCare.PyViCareUtils.PyViCareInternalServerError: (PyViCareInternalServerError(...), 'Request failed with status code 502 and message "DEVICE_COMMUNICATION_ERROR". ViCare ErrorId: req-dbb250c3b44545d1bb91778ce63b8fda')

that is good for you, but …

where in the world are you located? i’m in Spain.
I miss all the consumption sensors, all i get:

@Pedro34
fwiw : I’m located in Belgium.
Are the consumption stats present in your Vicare app on mobile phone ?

Hi,

First of all thank you for a great work! I am trying to implement automation where I switch between Heating and DHWandHeating modes when PV production reaches certain threshold as I have installed an electric heater in my water tank.

I use “set vicare mode” service to switch between modes. When I call vicare service to set to “Heating”, the mode is set correctly on both circuits. However, I can’t go back to “DHWandHeating” on any of the circuits. I can’t even change it back to “DHWandHeating” from the native app. It reverts to “Heating”. No errors in the logs being displayed.

I have to power cycle the Viessman unit in order to restore to “DHWandHeating”. I am on 2022.4.6 and using Viessman Vitodens 200-W.

Can someone guide me please how to tshoot it?

Hello, where is interval? That’s not right, is it?
I’m using the latest version of home assistant

The interval isn’t user-configurable.

Anyone else having issues with values not updating correctly and the values are jumping in 1°C steps with a choppy curve?
vicare
In this picture everything is fine until around ~10 o’clock when the values all not updating regularly anymore. It’s like that since that moment.

Viessmann is looking into that issue currently.

1 Like

smooth curve

My outside temperature is also reported in 1 degree steps. The indoor temp on the other hand is nice and smooth.

Looking back through my history data I see a similar pattern. But the reason is not full degree jumps, but a heavily reduced update cycle rate:

Until May 12th at around 12:50 UTC my outside temp values were updated about every 5 minutes.
Then the Vicare API went unreachable until May 13th around 05:20 UTC. I think I did a HA restart at that time, which recovered the Vicare connection.
Since it recovered I get new values only about once per hour. This creates big value changes and makes the history curves look jagged.

1 Like

In my case it is not the frequency but seems that for external temperature sensor only full degrees are being reported. The 1 decimal number always comes with the same number e.g. 19.7 20.7 20.7 etc:

For internal/room temperature it comes with nice 1 decimal accuracy and a smooth chart:

Hi @adorobis,
looks to me as if you are receiving a new values only about every 45 min in both cases (which is a lot). The internal temperature only looks smoother because it has much less variation.
But maybe it’s both. Maybe Viessmann has changed the API responses in both ways (time resolution and value resolution) to reduce internal data storage.

When I look at the data I think it rather sends the outside temperature when it changes by 1 degree:

So sometimes it is even a few hours. Internal temp is with accuracy of 0.1 degree therefore updated much more frequently.

Yepp, I think you are correct.

The weird thing is that other values like the return temperature are smooth as always.
Also people are reporting the same issue in the ViCare App, which is using a separate API.

My guess is they have changed something on their end of the Vitoconnect device.

Hello and thanks for the great work. My vicare integration was broken for a while, but with this discussion here and the update service I managed to get it working again.
I wonder whether it would be possible to add the heating buffer temps from a HP installation to the supported entity list, it appears to be a Viessmann basic plan API service, eg heating.buffer.sensors.temperature
Not sure how many would have interest but in my case would help to see solar support since this charges my heating buffer in parallel to the heatpump but the solar controls themselves are not IOT connected
Thanks