Wall Mounted Dashboard (now known as HADashboard)

The URL should be the IP address of the device running HADashboard and the port. If you haven’t changed the default port it should be :3030.

I am running HADashboard on my RPi at 192.168.1.181 so when I want to look at the dash (named mydash.erb) I open a browser to:

http://192.168.1.181:3030/mydash.erb

Looks like I’m getting the same result. I did notice that when I run docker ps -a the status shows as exited for however many seconds it’s been since I started to run the docker.

I’m also getting an error when trying to run dashing start.

Unfortunately I don’t have any experience with Docker. You may want to post a question in Third Party with HADashboard in the title. I’m sure Andrew can help you.

For what it is worth, I personally was never able to make docker work.

That’s a bummer…I was thinking it was a requirement. So do I just start at the second step to complete?

edit: I’ve tried running it outside of Docker and getthe same results. I’m not sure why I’m getting that error message.

Got it working on unRAID!

Thanks for starting it @jcreynolds all you need is to add the proper paths, These worked for me.

For the location of .rb files ha_conf.rb and settins.rb

/mnt/cache/appdata/hadashboard/lib/```

dashboard location needed to manually add the layout.erb file also
```/usr/src/app/dashboards/
/mnt/cache/appdata/hadashboard/dashboards/```

push.cfg and push log (remember to set location to log and dashboards inside of push.cfg)
```/hapush/
/mnt/cache/appdata/hadashboard/hapush/ ```

also for push to work I needed the settings as follows:
```dash_host = "127.0.0.1:3030"
dash_dir = "/usr/src/app/dashboards/"
logfile = "/hapush/hapush.log"```

I set the Docker to Host mode not bridged but bridged should work if you specify the ports.

Hope this helps @jcreynolds do you know how to make the Docker Pull straight from the source github so updates are at the pace of development not when you update the docker (pull)?

Good work @DrJeff, I suppose that is our next step. Take a look at this: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-headphones/blob/master/root/etc/cont-init.d/30-install

Come on man! I’m lazy don’t you wanna do that. :cry:

I’ll look into that next week (but waiting for you to do it first).

Let me get mine up and working using your steps then I will begin working on being able to pull the project from github. rather than doing the cloning manually.

I get what I’ve always have gotten: /bin/sh: 1:

/app/hapush/hapush.py: Permission denied

Got that resolved and docker is up and running. Now to pull files from github automatically.

Hey guzs i am still strzing to get the webcam widged ruunning… i dont have a password in hass so i dunno how to configure… is there someone with same setting?

HELP!!!

Dashing is not longer supported and I am having nothing but heartburn in trying to set it up because the version of Ruby required is too old. Can we get a version of this that works with the fork of Dashing called Smashing?

I’ll take a look at Smashing - thanks. There don;t seem to be any strong dependencies on ruby versions so try changing the Gemfile to your current version and it should work fine.

changing the gem file to the current version? how?

edit the gemfile and change the line that says the ruby version to the one you want.

1 Like

Not being that knowledgeable with ruby gems, I am clueless as to what needs to be changed. I also was unable to install dashing on raspbian jesse. While this dashboard looks interesting, if it is going to work, we need to be able to install in on current platforms.

i had a clean raspberry, installed jessie and then i installed hadashboard.
i got a few errors while installing, but with a little help from here i got it running.

Many have done so - we are willing to help if you can explain what issues you are having so we can help.

FWIW! I developed it I Raspian Jessie.

source 'https://rubygems.org'
#ruby "2.3.1"   <----- Modify this to the version of Ruby you have, then run bundle.

gem 'dashing'
gem 'thor'
gem 'nokogiri'
gem 'htmlentities'

# REST
gem 'unirest'
# JSON
gem 'json'

# Database
gem 'data_mapper'

# Development
group :development do