Wallbox pulsar plus integration?

Veric Nice job on that Wallbox !
For info we began to do the same job on the cheap BESEN/MOREC B20 wallbox … starting to do reverse engineering on the Wallbox protocol https://community.home-assistant.io/t/besen-b20-evse/405737
Last off topic message for me :wink:

1 Like

@hesselonline Just a quick shoutout, I had my first EV delivered a month ago, they took a few weeks to install the wallbox, and I was watching this thread and had tried the custom components, but the state description was broken by then.

Just ran up the new custom compnents version and it is working perfectly! Pause and Resume was a must in my use case, as I have Nodered polling the solar at home and adjusting the amps accordingly, so my charging stays within my free solar generation. Now I can stop entirely when lots of clouds come over and it kicks off again on it’s own.

Thanks again

3 Likes

Wallbox has accepted the charging power over Wifi disapearing as a bug and will be solving this in a future firmware release. This is a start, but I got no indication when we can expect an update.
Keep you posted.

2 Likes

That is good news. Well done! I only got about 10 very nice and very useless e-mails. Now I can stop looking for the problem here. Thx.

I added scheduled to the code just now.

1 Like

Hi
I am from Product Innovation & Research Team at Wallbox
It’s great to see you are helping each other on building valuable integrations and automations.

We are interested in finding new ways to bring value to you through the control of different energy devices but not only the charger to optimise your household expenses or to use greener energy. This means controlling and optimizing PV use, stationary batteries, heat pumps, etc…
Thus, if you would like to participate in our research we will be more than happy to hear your pains regarding your home energy management.

Feel free to fill the forms if you are interested: [https://forms.gle/EUWt5tt1TvcED8HC6]

If you have any other doubts I am also happy to help you. Contact me directly at [email protected]

WARNING! NEW! From 04/05/2022 ahead I may not answer emails about issues and topics. I am so sorry for that but I have to focus my time on doing product innovation and research. If you find any bug or have any issue, please:

1. Use the following link to send your request to customer service: [Contact Us - Wallbox Academy]
  2. You can also contact us through the customer support forms in the MyWallbox app

If by following the previous process the time response is not appropriate, then you can let me know personally via email and I will do my best.

5 Likes

Fantastic to see your interest in what’s happening on this forum!

1 Like

Wallbox software updated to 5.7.18 this morning. Both cars charged, so cannot check now, but hopefully the charge power reporting is fixed now.

Issue with Charging power is still not solved after upgrade to new firmware😞
Maybe in next version

@Oriol_FP may be you can monitor this for us internally?

Hi @RienduPre
Did you raise the issue to our post-sale service here Contacto - Wallbox Academy?
Did they provide you any ticket ID tracker?

Thanks

Indeed. I can confirm, the problem persists. Boomer, I had such good hopes.

I have had a long e-mail exchange with customer service that did not lead to a resolution:

0kw sessions /SN:104211 [ ref:_00D1tvaEj._5007U3HfhB:ref ]

Does that reference help?

This is a link to the .pdf with the full exchange: Google Drive: Sign-in

I had direct contact with @Oriol_FP
The bug I reported is known with a high priority, but most bugs are high priority.

They hope this will be fixed in the next release.(fingers crossed)

Hello, I’m currently using the official integration, I guess the OOTB, but I would like to try the custom to have the pause switch.
What do I have to do to use the custom?
Thanks in advance

Hi, I expect the switch to be included in the next hass release. So, I suggest waiting a few days and updating hass :wink:

1 Like

I updated a while ago from the HACS to the official release and lost the pause and lock functions. When you say the ‘hass release’ is that the official (not HACS) release? Waiting with impatience :slight_smile: .

Thanks again for this great integration.

Yes, it is in the current bèta release

@hesselonline what would be required to allow your integration to be usable to track consumption on the Energy dashboard? I understand that the only counter we have available is the “added energy” one, which possibly resets at every session. Do you think it would be feasible to add another one to track the incremental usage with the required specs from the Energy dashboard?

I see some info here: Sensor Entity | Home Assistant Developer Docs but I don’t know whether/how this applies in your integration’s case. I’d love to help if possible, and I wonder if you already considered the thing.

Would an integration of charging power and a utility meter on that integration not do that trick?

Of course that will only work as soon as Wallbox fixes the charger power reporting, but that is supposed to be in the works.

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
        ev_charger_power:
            value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.wallbox_portal_charging_power') | float * 1000) | round(0) }}"
            unit_of_measurement: "W"

- platform: integration
    source: 'sensor.ev_charger_power
    name: energy_consumed_ev
    method: left
    unit_prefix: k
    unit_time: h
    round: 3

utility_meter:
    energy_consumed_ev_meter:
        source: sensor.energy_consumed_ev
        cycle: yearly

What exactly do you mean with incremental usage? Total usage over time? We don’t have any API data on that, so you would have to create that using a template or maybe using the utility meter function in hass.