WallPanel for Android [Formerly HomeDash]

I can confirm, did not load on my fire either. I did an upgrade and then i also uninstalled completely and did a fresh install, still didnt work. Im looking forward to the updates once its working though. Sounds awesome!

I was able to install this on an older Samsung Tab 2 with android v 4.1.2. I stuck in my normal HA url and it seems to work except for the motion sensor and camera. I turned both on in the configuration but nothing seems to happen for me. Once the display goes dark it doesn’t sense motion and I am not seeing any camera working. Is there something else I need to do for them to work?

I was under the impression that walking up to the blanked display it would sense motion and the HA UI would appear.

Thx

I may have spoken too soon. Have since rebooted.

The settings tab is doing that thing where it switches off on scrolling to out of sight. Not sure if this is the cause but motion detection appears to have stopped.

Before rebooting the settings tab was seemingly doubled up and transparently overlayed on top of itself but not lined up - didn’t get a screen shot sorry.

Selecting camera shows errors for both camera 0 and 1. In version .5 front face camera did not work for me either but rear camera did. Now both cameras do not work.

Hi for me a problem with the release 6.
MQTT sensors are posted but state unknown on Home Assistant.

mosquitto_sub -h 192.168.10.8 -p 1883 -v -t "wallpanel/hadash/sensor/battery" -u hadash -P password

wallpanel/hadash/sensor/battery {"value":100,"unit":"%","charging":true,"acPlugged":false,"usbPlugged":true}
wallpanel/hadash/sensor/battery {"value":100,"unit":"%","charging":true,"acPlugged":false,"usbPlugged":true}

and in HA

- platform: mqtt
  state_topic: "wallpanel/hadash/sensor/battery"
  unit_of_measurement: "%"
  value_template: '{{ value_json.value }}'
  name: "homedash battery"

state_topic: "wallpanel/hadash/sensor/brightness"
  unit_of_measurement: "lx"
  name: "homedash brightness"

state_topic: "wallpanel/hadash/sensor/magneticField"
  unit_of_measurement: "mb"
  name: "homedash magneticfield"

on the frontend

sensor.homedash_battery unknown friendly_name: homedash battery
unit_of_measurement: %
sensor.homedash_brightness unknown friendly_name: homedash brightness
unit_of_measurement: lx
sensor.homedash_magneticfield unknown friendly_name: homedash magneticfield
unit_of_measurement: mb

If someone has an idea …

@quadportnick Is that possible to get the camera stream on Home assistant as a camera ?

Have had a bit of a fiddle and found for me the problem is definitely the settings not sticking once scrolled out of view.

Anything I want to change has to be currently visible when I launch the dashboard and then it will work. Fortunately, for me that is just the two settings making the motion detection work. Much the same as an earlier version.

Motion detection appears slower but it could just be my imagination.

(2 x Nexus 7 2012 WiFi Grouper. Android Kitkat - Cyanogen/LineageOS)

The eval-feature seems nice. Is there a way to execute some javascript code to open a specific panel? I want to open the camera view when my doorbell is triggered.

Alright! Got it! Sending this trough the REST API opens the camera view of camera outside. I still have to look for a way to dismiss the dialog.

{
  eval: "document.querySelector('html /deep/ ha-camera-card').fire('hass-more-info', {entityId: 'camera.outside'});"
}

Edit: It seems this can be done by specifying null as entityId… Not sure if this has any side-effects, but it seems to do it’s job!

1 Like

Nice! Glad the option was useful

Hey guys, thanks for hanging in there, hope to have some time to dig into the code again this weekend. Been a bit busy at home and work lately.

1 Like

Anyone have any luck running this on a Amazon Fire HD8? It seems to launch, white screen, then close. I guess I should load the debug version and try and figure out what is crashing.

Edit -

So after a bit of testing on a Fire HD8 (gen6)
v0.5 works
v0.6 does not

Hey if you still have the debug 6 available, are you familiar with dumping console on a computer with ADB? I know that’s probably a lot to ask. Trying to hunt why that is happening.

I have a guess on this crash now so we’ll see in 0.6.1

Funny, I had the opposite issue, where Chrome worked and others didn’t. THere was a typo I was chasing for a while. Ill dig into a wider number of test cases. Like in HA per @derdude1893. I’d imagine its the smallest thing.

Sweet – thanks!

Can you give me a few more details here, you mean the widgets on HADashboard?

Initial thought, there’s a setting down the list to override the browser autoselection. On that device it should be auto-picking native. Maybe see if the legacy/Crosswalk option gives better results, and if so we know its a ‘browser’ issue

If you go to the camera test subscreen and wave your hand around, can you see it and does ‘Motion Detected!’ pop up under it?

Hmm that doubled up thing I’ve seen happen and not quite sure what it was yet. I thought it had to do with me mixing preferences and dialog together, and since I’ve stopped doing that… but ugh there it is. Grumble :smiley:

Did these work properly on 0.5? Just trying to be clear on that. 0.6 has some significant changes in how the sensors read but it should post the same – a number of sensors dont exist on some devices though. Per your mosquitto output only Battery is posting.

I have a log if you need it. WIll test 0.6.1 once its uploaded… i tried 0.6

1 Like