WallPanel for Android [Formerly HomeDash]

in particular the change page/dashboard widgets.

Changing to crosswalk has worked a treat. Thanks.

1 Like

For the motion detected I had to remove the lock screen pattern that I had set up. I thought it would resume and go to the lock screen but it only works when I remove it. I haven’t got the camera working yet but I am still looking into that.

Yah I don’t have a complete handle on all the variants of Android and how they handle their lock screens or not. Best case seems to be if you can root it and/or disable lock passwords. Or do the don’t allow lock, but then none of the wake options make much sense :slight_smile:

Does the settings screen get funky along with a screen rotation? I may have just observed that behavior

Progress for 0.6.1

• I think the Fire HD crash issue will be fixed. Basically, FireOS doesn’t allow you to request the permission bypass the unlock lock screen, probably because of the ads stuff :confused:
  • Integrated ACRA crash reporting for the future, so I can get this data faster
  • Moving to the Google Play Vision library for Face Detection, perhaps that will work better as its significantly newer code. QR Codes will move to this as well. If you need fancier face recognition I recommend going to OpenCV on HASS
  • Working on the camera/image code, especially since Vision required me to fix image rotations and the like. So the images should now always be oriented properly in preview/MJPEG.

The MJPEG streaming works fine for me in HASS right now, so not sure what to say about that one just yet.

@quadportnick
I currently have setup daydream (the screensaver option of android, now it’s something completely else) to start a slideshow of a specific google photo’s album (nice for family pictures, and prevents burning in my screen). This works nice, but it would be cool to be able to terminate the screensaver somehow (by sending a mqtt message for example). If I could combine this with my popping up of a camera feed code from a few posts above, I can make my doorbell wake up my tablet and show a camera feed.

This doesn’t seem to be what {"wake": true} does, or am I missing something?

Wake sends in a command to wake up the screen if the screen is off (and an app is capable of even waking the screen on that Android version). I am not familiar with DayDream but if there’s a programmatic way to dismiss it we can look at adding that to the wake function

I do see on a quick search that there are events for it starting and stopping, just need to see if there’s any way to ask the system “dismiss it”

1 Like

Sorry for the delay mate - I’ve been caught up in other things for the last two weeks.

I have my screens locked to landscape, I managed to trigger it just then when I deselected “Camera Enabled” - screen shot attached.

same happens to me whenever i use the back button to return to settings

Thanks. I’m really hoping to obliterate that one today since I can more consistently trigger it… I have some thoughts. Want to get 0.6.1 out the door as its been way too long :slight_smile:

Were we go. Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

0.6.1: The Wall-Has-Eyes Release 2

• Should address FireOS Crashes
  • Moved Face+QR to Play Vision library
  • Camera picture should be oriented correctly
  • Should fix settings ‘duplication/ghosting’ problem
  • Integrated ACRA Crash reporting
1 Like

“Request was denied for security”
Is there a setting to use this with a router that doesn’t support loopback? I can’t find an option anywhere to ignore that the certification doesn’t match the address.

1 Like

Is there any progress on bypassing the lock screen in fireOs?

Nope :frowning: The bug in 0.6 that crashed FireOS was me asking to disable it, and not error checking that it would fail. It seems Amazon is against us, but Im still hoping someone has an example of what to do if it’s not a rooted device.

Where are you seeing this error / in what context?

To clarify, I’m using letsencrypt with duckdns. When on another network I login to mythang.duckdns.org. When on the same network as Hassbian I log into https://192.x.x.x:8123 because my router doesn’t support loopback. Chrome or Firefox will tell me that the site isn’t safe because the certification doesn’t match and I have to accept that I’m going to an “unsafe” site in order to load the frontend of my HA instance.

I have https://192.x.x.x:8123 set in WallPanel as the “Dashboard Launch URL” and when I tap “Launch Dashboard” I get a blank white screen with the errors at the bottom of the screen saying “Request was denied for Security” then “net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE”. I haven’t spotted anywhere I can accept the mismatching certification.

BTW, from an environmental aspect it’s very cool that you guys are making obsolete electronics super useful again :wink:

Ohhhh ohh ok I see I see. So right, there’s probably some callbacks being raised about this and the app isn’t hooking anything either way. Ok

Ill look at adding something to ignore certificate errors. Hopefully it’s consistent between the two browser choices :slight_smile:

EDIT: logged an issue on GitHub for it

1 Like

Ok, thanks.
I also really hope for someone who has the magic answer :smiley:

Anyone tried to install it on Kindle Fire? Kindle is a good quality and cheap tablet, so I was thinking to use it for wall mounted controllers around the house. I need to do some research, but as far as I know, the app does not need much modification to be able to install it on Amazon OS.

Any other recommendation for a cheap tablet, about 7" size which I should use?

Thank you!

I have 0.5 version running on a Fire HD 7" but was not able to get 0.6 to run. It still provides a good lightweight interface to HASS so I kept it.