WallPanel for Android [Formerly HomeDash]

Sadly, no. Was hoping maybe @quadportnick had some input.

Anyone had any luck in transforming their tablet into a Chromecast device or other way to make it play audio from HA?

This is probably the first thing I would be looking at adding, probably the same function in both webview versions.

i dont know why, but after some months of running homedash .5 like i liked it, now all of a sudden directly after i start the dashboard it closes the dashboard again. :frowning:

I’m not able to get MQTT to work.

App settings:
Server: mXX.cloudmqtt.com
Port: 18107
Base Topic: wallpanel/mywallpanel
client ID: wallpanel
username: wallpanel

cloudmqtt settings:

1. User: wallpanel created
  2. Topic: wallpanel/mywallpanel/command created
  3. User given read/write access to topic

What am I doing wrong here? Sending a url command from cloudmqtt websocket UI doesn’t load a new url.

Message is sent to topic wallpanel/mywallpanel/command: {“url”: “http://google.com”}

EDIT:

1. Trying to use REST instead but getting a 404 error for the command url. http://192.168.1.XX:2971/api/command [homeassistant.components.switch.rest] Got non-ok response from resource: 404.
  2. Restarting the server doesn’t fix the problem
  3. Sensor repoting messages aren’t showing up in the websocket ui

EDIT 2:
Solved by installing a more current ROM (6.0 vs 5.1).

1 Like

Hello

I’m using hassio and updated to 0.51.1 yesterday i’m running 2 tablets 1 is fire and other is unbranded, I have been running wallpanel 0.6.1 on fire and 0.5 on unbranded tablet. They both stop displaying HA only seeing my group icons at the top.

I reset the unbranded tablet and installed wallpanal 0.6 onto it but same problem. So i redone HA hassio and had same issue before i put my configs back over.

Does anyone have any idea

Thanks

Just created a docker image for mjpeg-proxy, fixes the problem

https://hub.docker.com/r/roflmao/docker-mjpeg-proxy/

Same here. No idea what’s wrong. Back to using standard browser :frowning:

Hey

Thanks for this great app, it’s really what I was looking for!

Have an issue with mosquitto. Wallpanel seems to disconnect after roughly 30 seconds. I can’t get it to reconnect without rebooting my tablet.

I don’t have this problem with the other mqtt clients in my network.

I am running my own mosquitto server in the same local network with username and password. The credentials are fine since it does connect and does send messages until it looses connection.

Am running Wallpanel on an Asus ZenPad.

/Peter

By the lack of answers to issues on github, and the lack of recent posts here by the author, is it safe to assume this project is dead? If so, any suggestions for a replacement?

Not dead, he is just busy.

Fully Kiosk was what I used before, it’s got a paid option that opens up a few more options.

If you have an older Android system other APKs are available on the website

http://www.ozerov.de/fully-kiosk-browser/

Anyone gotten this to work on Android 7 and above. Can’t switch between dashboards, clicking on the “Navigate” widget does nothing. Works fine in “Fully Kiosk Browser” and chrome.

Hey @aimwarlock, have you ever been able to solve this problem? Ever since august the HASS UI doesn’t load inside apps such as Wallpanel or Fully Kiosk Browser for me. It will only load in Chrome but it’s not the solution I need.

Hello guys!

I’m having problems using and old Android Tablet (v5) showing HA web UI with Fully.

After a few minutes all changes made from other devices does not update on the tablet browser. I have to reload to use it again.

Has anybody faced this same problem?

Thanks!!

Hi!

Indeed I have the same issue, I cannot navigate inside, so for now i’m using Fully Kiosk Browser Lockdown to run Appdaemon, which works well and has many options to reload the page.

I hope this navigation will be fixed… i really like the mqtt backdrive mode!

Hi,

I have problems with WallPanel zooming my website for some strange reason.
I want to use WallPanel to show my HADashboard - but I just can’t get it to display the page correctly.

hi @BarryHampants i see you have used both WallPanel and Fully Kiosk what did you find the best i am testing both and happy with both, but the full features in Fully Kiosk are cool and have some good ideas to include some in some automations.

Interested in your view ? before i pay out for 6 licenses for Fully Kiosk :slight_smile:

What is everyone using to start WallPanel on boot? I’m on a rooted Android 4.3 device (Wink Relay).

In the settings there is an option to auto start at boot… within WallPanel

Hmm. Could you tell me which option it is? I’m using it on a tablet that has only 800x480 resolution so I can’t fully read any of the option titles lol.

Also I’m having an issue occasionally where the settings won’t stay set (ie I turn a setting on and then the switch has turned off the next time I look). Anyone else?