Warning when compiling with 1.14.3 and ESP32-cam

When I compile my sketch for the ESP32-cam I see these warnings:

Compiling /data/camera_hallway/.pioenvs/camera_hallway/src/esphome/components/light/addressable_light.cpp.o
src/esphome/components/esp32_camera/esp32_camera.cpp: In member function 'virtual void esphome::esp32_camera::ESP32Camera::dump_config()':
src/esphome/components/esp32_camera/esp32_camera.cpp:54:10: warning: enumeration value 'FRAMESIZE_QXGA' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]
   switch (this->config_.frame_size) {
          ^
src/esphome/components/esp32_camera/esp32_camera.cpp:54:10: warning: enumeration value 'FRAMESIZE_INVALID' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

I see video streams in HA, so that part is working for two of my three cameras, I think the last one is defective.

If you can repoduce it best would be to open an issue here:

and provide as much information as possible (yaml, logs, behavior, etc.)

Thanks, I’ve opened two issues now, one is this on ESPHome 1.14.3, and the other is after I’ve attempted to downgrade to 1.13.6 the ESP32-cam fails to boot.

1 Like

What are we supposed to do now though? According to github the have already fixed this for 1.4.4. since December but this version has yet to be released.

Also I don’t know what to do. WIll camera fail to boot if that error comes up? I don’t want to update only to get the camera not working. This is frustrating as well because all I want to do is flip the camera’s image.

I’ll summarize what I’ve done so far.

1. Back then I was running 1.13.6, everything was dandy.
  2. I upgraded to 1.14.3, things worked at first, then all esp8266’s started to go offline, mDNS probably at the core of the problem, but apparently 1.13.6 had handled it better.
  3. I downgraded to 1.13.6, everything went back to normal, except for the esp32 camera’s they didn’t like it. So I reupgraded the esp32 cameras to 1.14.3 again, and they are now working very well.
  4. Lateste development is that I’ve switched the router and ap to unifi, and with the special mDNS operations outlined in Rob 'The Hook Up’s videos (handling broadcasts across multiple VLAN’s), all the devices can now be upgraded to 1.14.3 and work very well again.

I ended up updating the code and even with the warning the camera has now booted just fine.

I have noticed a couple of my normal esp8266s I use for motion detection that they often throughout the day go offline for a couple of seconds (loss of api connection apparently). But that’s a different issue all together

I am getting crazy with my ESP32Cam module!
It’s AI-Think model, it works perfectly with the original firmware but not with ESPHome, no matter what I have in the YAML it compiles, upload but then the module does not even boot up nor connect to wifi! :frowning:
If I load back the firwmare via Arduino IDE it works perfectly.
Has anyone a clue on what I’m missing to have it works in ESPHome?

Hi. I’ve just started doing esp32cam. I had this problem. I looked at the page “https://github.com/esphome/esphome/commit/b5856449ed49c88e0fa47334f07306d81d6ea9f0” and fixed my file, and also added in the file code “resolution: 640x480
jpeg_quality: 10” and I have earned. Based on the project https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=133&v=-towjof_ixU&feature=emb_logo
I Apologize for my English

Has anyone who updated the Esp32-cam to EspHome 1.14.5 lost the video feed? Camera connects to network and HA but no video. :frowning:

Mine works fine