Weird error in my logs

I just found the following logs in my HA and realised it’s happening a lot of times since 2 days ago (which is when I successfully installed my first bulbs with zigbee2mqtt)

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.template
Source: helpers/template.py:574
First occurred: December 13, 2021, 5:53:13 PM (1543 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:54:52 PM

* Error parsing value: access to attribute 'update' of 'dict' object is unsafe. (value: {"action":"off","battery":100,"linkquality":255,"update_available":null}, template: {{ value_json['update']['state'] == "available" }})
* Error parsing value: access to attribute 'update' of 'dict' object is unsafe. (value: {"action":"","battery":100,"linkquality":255,"update_available":null}, template: {{ value_json['update']['state'] == "available" }})
* Error parsing value: access to attribute 'update' of 'dict' object is unsafe. (value: {"action":"off","action_group":901,"battery":100,"linkquality":255,"update_available":null}, template: {{ value_json['update']['state'] == "available" }})
* Error parsing value: access to attribute 'update' of 'dict' object is unsafe. (value: {"action":null,"battery":100,"linkquality":255,"update_available":null}, template: {{ value_json['update']['state'] == "available" }})
* Error parsing value: access to attribute 'update' of 'dict' object is unsafe. (value: {"action":null,"battery":100,"linkquality":null,"update_available":null}, template: {{ value_json['update']['state'] == "available" }})

I’m also experiencing disconnections all the time from the bulbs, like last evening I was playing with automation and the remote and everything was working fine. Today in the morning I turned on a bulb and fine too, but then an automation I set up to turn on other bulbs at sunset didn’t work and I can observe now I can’t control any of the lights from HA.

I’m going to upgrade my Conbee II firmware later as I see the version I have is from 2020, but not sure if that’ll really help…

Any clue?

got the same error when trying to pair an Ikea Motion sensor today: Error parsing value: access to attribute ‘update’ of ‘dict’ object is unsafe.

2021-12-24 17:20:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Error parsing value: access to attribute ‘update’ of ‘dict’ object is unsafe. (value: {“battery”:null,“illuminance_above_threshold”:null,“linkquality”:129,“occupancy”:false,“requested_brightness_level”:null,“requested_brightness_percent”:null,“update_available”:null}, template: {{ value_json[‘update’][‘state’] == “available” }}

EndDevice

Zigbee Model
TRADFRI motion sensor
Zigbee Manufacturer
IKEA of Sweden
Description
TRADFRI motion sensor
Support status

Supported

IEEE Address
0xccccccfffee205d7
Network address
0xB7BC
Firmware build date
Firmware version

1 Like

I think my problem was to have the conbee dongle straight to the raspberry.

It got fixed buying an extension cable