Wemo discovery very flaky

# Wemo
wemo:
# discovery: false
  static:
    - !secret wemo_ip

In my case I have this - so discovery is on but I also configure with the ip address. When HA restarts it can take 10 or so seconds before the device is available…

FYI, I gave all of my Wemo stuff away to a non HA user and switched to Leviton. Only was broken once with an update. Very happy they all work without grief.

I was going to throw mine away but it came good and hasn’t missed a beat for over a year now. Weird.

My Wemos (ESP’s and Shelly’s or Sonoffs) sometimes take a few minutes to get recognized too, but after that if they don’t show up as available, I have to reboot. It’s the initial discovery that misses them and after that, only a reboot seems to bring them back. Once in a while they don’t respond for a half a minute, but that’s rare and they are still available, just slow…
It would be great to be able to put them back into HA devices if discovery misses them during one of their little ‘naps’. rather than reboot. All of s tinker so it would be a nice option to add a device manually.

Same with my Wemo Devices - Statically adding them to the configuration helped. I also setup a 2 byte ping to the devices every 5 seconds which seems to have helped. I might add them as a binary_sensor to get this script off my main computer.