Where does home-assistant import the open-zwave library from?

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the open-zwave dependency on numerous occasions but home-assistant isn’t seeing it. Where does it look to import the library from?
I will create a soft link to see if it will work then.

Python packages are usually installed in the site-packages folder for the python version you are using under the library folder. The exact path depends on many things, environment, virtual or system, architecture, Linux, mac, Windows, distribution, Ubuntu or Debian, options used when installing, etc.

You can try to search for the package with pip show python-openzwave or the search function of the distribution package manager if installed as a distribution package. If you get a hit it usually shows the install path.

Have you set the config path of ozw properly in your home assistant config?

Edit: I realized your question was more about the python lib path of home assistant than the install path of ozw. My answer is still relevant though. The package lookup depends on sys path and PYTHONPATH. I found this blog that might help.

https://leemendelowitz.github.io/blog/how-does-python-find-packages.html

Thanks! This helped!
I copied /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.5-linux-x86_64.egg to /srv/hass/lib/python3.5/site-packages
It is showing up now.

1 Like