Which Motion sensor to buy?

Hi
I do have Tyua WIFI motion sensors but as we all know they do not show in HA. I was wondering if Tuya zigbee motion sensors will show or not?
If not if there are any other motion sensors that can be purchased that work without workarounds?

If you have zigbee, I’ve got the hue motion sensors here and they’re great and very reliable. They also use normal AAA batteries which makes things easier when they need to be replaced.

They also report light level, temperature and a few other things, which is helpful for automation.

I can’t really compare them to others as that’s pretty much all I’ve used other than a couple of home built ones with esphome.

2 Likes

So did anyone did try zigbee Tuya motion sensors or by definition, they will not work? I like their shape and they look like zwave fibaro ones.

+1 for the Hue motion sensors, battery seems to last forever, I have one of them for over 4 years and didn’t need to change batteries yet xD
If you use Z-Wave I can also recommend the Aeotec Multisensors, prixey but lots of measurements and can be mains powered if needed.

I have at home Sonoff, Aqara and Ikea Motions sensors. All 3 zigbee. Personally I find Aqara the best. they don’t consume much battery and they have also light sensors

So sonoff are working and tuya are not?

I have Hue motion and Aqara motion sensors. both work fine and are reliable in my case.

Xiaomi, small, cheap, you can use all directions, and a lux sensor!