Which window sensor with OTA flash possibility?

Hi,

is there any known and affordable wifi window sensor, that is flashable OTA (eg. with tuyaconvert over the air)?

So far I could only find devices that require soldering.

Thanks

Hi,

i’m not aware of any buyable devices for this purpose but you can check out on using esp32/esp8266 together with esphome to achieve what you want. If you are using the DEV Boards, you also barely need to solder anything and use jumper cables for example. There are breakout modules available that could be connected to the ESPs like magnetic senors and such.

Best Regards,
~Blade~

Most window sensors are 433 MHz RF. So you would flash the bridge (Like the Sonoff RF bridge),not the sensors. Sonoff needs soldering to flash, but there may be other solutions.

My first Sonoff Rf Bridge I soldered header pins, my second, I just the header pins in the holes and flashed without soldering :slight_smile:

Personally, I would not use Wifi door/window sensors (or Wifi motion sensors) if they are battery based. It will eat batteries.

Okay so I would have to look for a zigbee bridge (like conbee II) and use cheap xiaomi aquara sensors for this purpose?

I’ve never used Zigbee, but it should work. Look on the forum for people using that solution. A lot of people use something like the link below plus a Sonoff RF bridge. You will need to write automations in home assistant to trigger an alarm or message when opened. I did something similar with water leak sensors, but not window sensors

IMHO that is a good option.