Why doesn't the Air Quality component show all the aqi.cn stations?

Hi!

I’ve checked out using the aqicn.org sensors for my city and there seems to be an issue with some of them.

For example, these are the links to the stations that would interest me:

On the site they seem to have the same nested structure, both visually and as seen in the links above, but I couldn’t find any of them by putting the city as “municipiul-bucuresti” or “bucuresti” or even “municipiul” in “locations”, it was only when I put “romania” in “locations” that I saw a bunch of sensors from Romania, but amongst those was only the first one linked above, “str.-rotunda”. The 2nd and 3rd I cannot find at all, they don’t show up in “romania”, I even tried “lacul-morii” as a location but still nothing.

Unfortunately, for my city the 2nd and 3rd would be the only useful sensors, because “str.-rotunda” is located in a non-trafficked area and always shows unrealistically good air quality indicators.

What to do? :frowning: Has anyone else come across something like this? Should I just contact aqi.cn and see if those sensors are wrongly categorized or smthn? The fact that I see a lot less sensors than there are on aqi.cn for Romania does make me think that there might be a bug with the HA component, or some configuration parameter that I simply don’t know about and is not listed in the documentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Seems like I answered my own question :smiley:

Leaving this here, though, just in case someone else runs into a similar issue or wants to update the documentation.

I went to: http://aqicn.org/json-api/doc/#api-Search-SearchByName

In the Sample Request area I inputted a keyword from the station I need (like “Victoriei”), ran the request and got what I needed, which is that the location for station #2 linked in the OP is “Calea Victoriei, Cercul Militar, Romania”.

Very important is that in configuration.yaml this location must be inputted in both “Locations” and “Stations”, without also adding it as a station I had a sensor, but no data.

Enjoy!