Windows Update Notifications in Home Assistsnt

I have a VM running Home Assistant, and the VM runs within a Windows 10 instance. I never have Windows showing on a screen as this is a headless machine with very little reason to ever look at it.

Is there some sort of way to get “updates needed” pushed to HA so that I can create some sort of automation to notify me that an update is imminent? That way I can proactively update windows before it forces it at an inconvenient time?

I use Pulseway for windows system update alerts on my phone. Just had a look and unfortunately there is no HA integration for it.

Can you get update info via a command prompt? If you can you could publish to a mqtt broker and then use a mqtt sensor in HA. I use this to get update notifications for various things running on Linux servers.

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for this topic. I have a headless PC running windows 10 with HA on a VM.

Maybe reach out to the Dev from HASS.Agent: Windows client to receive notifications, use commands, sensors, quick actions and more! - #158 by TheHolyRoger

He might be able to add the functionality.