Working under the hood but frozen on top

Hello,

Past couple weeks, my up to date HASSio on Rpi3+ has been stalling at random times of the day and needs an SSH restart to bring it back to life and use switches/sensors again. But my Samba (and obviously SSH) is still operating, so I can obtain my logs. I set the log to debug, so probably too much info, but I did notice that my log is still getting populated and my HASS is still running Z-Wave checks every 30 seconds. Replaced the SD card with a fresh one assuming corruption.

So I’m confused as to how my HASS can freeze but still be populating my logs. I was hoping that I could use the log to find the time and event to cause the freeze.

Should I text search for a specific tag inside my log to help filter the issue, or do I just have to change the threshold for the log and wait again?

Thanks for any advice in diagnosing the issue.

I have a similar issue - random times daily all automations and devices stop working, though I can still use restart under Config and don’t have to ssh.

All my graphs flatline from whatever point it locked up until restart. On restart, log states “Ended unfinished session (id=158 from 2019-04-30 16:44:13)” which was 5 hours ago.

Here’s what mine shows in the log from today- after that point nothing worked further.

‘error’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sleekxmppfs/xmlstream/xmlstream.py”, line 1686, in _event_runner
handler.run(args[0])
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sleekxmppfs/xmlstream/handler/callback.py”, line 76, in run
self._pointer(payload)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sucks/init.py”, line 458, in _handle_ctl
s(as_dict)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sucks/init.py”, line 289, in _handle_ctl
getattr(self, method)(ctl)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sucks/init.py”, line 292, in _handle_error
error = event[‘error’]
KeyError: ‘error’

Haven’t had an issue over almost 2 days since I deleted a poorly optimized custom component. I’ll return with a log if I get one.
I’m a coding idiot, your logs might as well be Hebrew to me.