Worx Landroid Package (Deprecated)

New version.

English is default language, added new attributes.

Is it correct that this is not available for Hassio (yet)?

I have now connected the landroid with homebridge (link), next you can add this to home assistant with the Homekit controller. This way I managed to add a start/stop switch to Hassio. But I would prefer to not use Homebridge and a direct Hassio addon.

The new landroid_cloud component by @BlackChart works perfectly on Home Assistant (HASSIO) and Home Assistant Core (formally Home Assistant).
The Landroid Bridge Project (GitHub - virtualzone/landroid-bridge: Bridge for connecting the Worx Landroid S Lawn Mower to home automation systems like OpenHAB or FHEM.) is no longer being maintained and can be somewhat difficult to get up and running (especially now). It was also prone to getting banned easily on the Landroid API service. Finally it requires its own Docker container which is a bit of a pain. Downside of moving from it is that some of the advanced features are no longer available but most people won’t miss them.

Personally speaking, highly recommend moving to the new component landroid_cloud component by @BlackChart via HACS or at GitHub - MTrab/landroid_cloud: Landroid Cloud component for Home Assistant

After that, recommend adding the beautiful lovelace card by @Barmalej GitHub - Barma-lej/halandroid: Worx Landroid package for Home Assistant based on Landroid Cloud by @MTrab (manual install but good documentation there)

1 Like

Sorry for the n00b question. How do you add the new lovelace card made by @Barmalej your ha core installation?
Can’t figure out that step :sweat_smile:

Here is step by step documentation https://github.com/Barma-lej/halandroid

Yes I read the step by step docs, but where or how to you add the card.yaml?
I found this link about adding custom cards to lovelace but these docs talk about js and not YAML.
I’m new to HASS so its probably somethings simple I’m missing :sweat_smile:

Here is manual “How to add card”

Thanks! somehow I understood that it needed to be installed using command line. It al works now!

works perfect, many thanks

I agree!

Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 11.55.23

If you need German language, copy this file to package dir and add this card to Lovelace

thanks, for your perfect support…

1 Like

New version.

• Added Rain delay config
  • Added Time extension config

NOTE: You will require to update Landroid Cloud integration

1 Like

@Doublet copy of my graphic if its any use to you?

2 Likes

Hey that is a nice one!

Hey Barmalej,
I have 1 workx account with 2 mowers.
Your current code is set up for 1 mover.
So I cloned your repo and started working on a python script to transform your yaml files to contain possibly multiple mowers.
Is the cloning OK or should I create a branch on your repo? I’m new to these kind of things :sweat_smile:
https://github.com/AlexanderAlder/halandroid/tree/1-account-2-mowers

It is okay :slightly_smiling_face: @AlexanderAlder
I also thought of making a card on a python script, but could not figure out how to make sensors with a history. So when you click on the value of the sensor would show its history.

almost there :slight_smile: new files generated from your package and card files
still have to get my scripts right, they don’t work yet

I did make 2 changes that might be convenient to be merged back into your repo:

• fetch id and name dynamically from Landroid Cloud instead of defining those in secrets

Crap… seems like I didn’t fork and can’t submit a merge request
Will work on that

1 Like

Thank you. I have changed !secret landroid_id to "{{ state_attr('sensor.landroid_mower_status','id') }}"

Yeah I’ve been a bit too hasty… the scripts don’t work yet… that’s why I canceled my merge request.
I’m relative new to HA and that change seemed straight forward, but…
for some reason the data_template gets the id right, but the landroid_cloud get the number as a python string instead of a python number, failing to complete the service call. Haven’t figured out how to fix this…

data:
id: 12345
-> calls the landroid_cloud function with the correct ID, the ID is a python integer value
data_template:
id: "{{ state_attr('sensor.landroid_mower_status','id') }}"
or
id: "{{ state_attr('sensor.landroid_mower_status','id') | int}}"
-> calls the landroid_cloud function with the correct ID, but the ID is a python string value and then fails to match the ID within landroid_cloud client

Does it work with you? how can you ensure the data_template converts the values to integers? Haven’t figured it out yet. Probably something simple I don’t know yet…

That being said. I noticed the landroid_cloud also knows/contains the mowers serialnumber and mac address. Would be nice if those values could be extracted as well. I’ll test in the next days once I figured out how to make the scripts run with the extracted ID.