Wt32-eth01 no boot

HI, I have a wt32-eth01 with esphome installed which is powered by a 5v power supply. When I feed the power supply with 220v (which transforms it into 5v) the wt32-eth01 doesn’t start, it seems as if it went into protection. To get it started I have to disconnect and reconnect the 5v and then everything works. The problem occurs every time the power goes out. What could it be? Thank you

9 times out of 10 this is due to poor choice of GPIOs. See the table lower down on this page:

Thanks Tom!
in fact I’m using GPIO 1,2 and 3 as input and GPIO 12,14 and 15 as output.
I’ll try to use other GPIOs and update you.
Thank you

Does it do the same if you plug in the power adapter into the wall and then after a few seconds connect 5v into the module, I mean disconnect everything, then for the first boot connect 230 first and wait a few seconds then connect 5 volt, does it boot on first try or do you still have to reconnect 5 volt again?

As I understand,
Power adapter disconnected from 230, 5v connected to module, then connect 230 and it will fail
Power adapter connected to 230, 5v disconnected, then connect 5v and it will boot.

Sounds little like a unstable power supply, maybe try another 5v supply.

exactly this happens.
At the moment I managed to bypass the problem by putting a relay between the 5v output of the power supply and the wt32 power supply.
I tried with another power supply but I have the same problem, even powering it from a 220v usb.
Maybe a capacitor can fix it?

I solved it by using external pull-up resistors and not the internal ones. Thank you

hello, i have the same problem, can you be more detail, i use pin 23,18,0,16,15,12,14, what should i do?
part of my code:
''ethernet:
type: LAN8720
mdc_pin: GPIO23
mdio_pin: GPIO18
clk_mode: GPIO0_IN
phy_addr: 1
power_pin: GPIO16

Enable logging

logger:

Enable Home Assistant API

uart:
rx_pin: GPIO15 #d5
tx_pin: GPIO12 #d7
baud_rate: 57600
fingerprint_grow:
sensing_pin: GPIO14

… ‘’
Thank you

I solved it using external pull-up resistors but I suggest you take a look at this post :wink:

Let me know if you solve it, I’m filling my house with Wt32 and I’d like to know if you solved it🙂

ok, thanks,
today I try with 470nf capacitor

Have you try?

hello, yes I tried with the capacitor but I didn’t solve it, while not using the gpio12 it works perfectly

Hi, I have the same problem.
Please tell me which pins you are pulling-up with an external resistor?

if GPIO12 is pulled high on boot, I believe it won’t work

Adding a capacitor seems to make it work. See: GitHub - egnor/wt32-eth01: Bits and bobs related to Wireless-Tag's WT32-ETH01 board

Have i2c working on PIO 4 and 14