WYZE Sense stopped working all together

Has anyone had all their WYZE Motion and door sensors stopped working? My automations using WYZE hardware were working flawlessly until about a week or so ago.

I have checked my zwave to make sure the switches weren’t the issue.

Thanks for any help?

Hi,

I have had this happen to me before. On more than one occasion, but not recently, even after the most recent update. What version of the integration are you running?

Can you also describe what you mean by ‘stopped working’. Do you see the sensors as ‘unavailable’ in HA or do you find they are stuck in ‘detected’ mode & don’t reset?

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far for this? That will help with what other suggestions to make, if they are different to the following.

• Perhaps try to unplug & replug the wyze sense usb base. They you might need to restart HA or even reboot the host. After than you could also try running the Developer Tools service named wyzesense.scan, then go trigger each sensor.
  • I have also in the past removed the battery & reinserted it.
  • Could it be that the batteries have died
  • Or worse, i have had several sensors spontaneously die. There is some evidence online that there is a known hardware flaw in some of these sensors. I think Wyze don’t make them anymore.
    See here GitHub - kevinvincent/ha-wyzesense: A Home Assistant Component to interface with the WYZE Sense hub and sensor system

Since this integration is not actively maintained now i am moving away from these wyze sensors to either RF433 sensors or Zigbee (both of which have many of already).

Cheers
Nick

Nick,

Thank you for the assistance. I am relatively new to this and had not thought of many of your recommended troubleshooting steps. Your list helped me get things working again.

Very much appreciated.

All of my wyze sensors are showing unavailable.

When I run “wyzesense.scan”, I get an error “unable to find service wyzesense.scan”

Hi,
Are you also having the same kind of issues with your sensors as described above?
Did you find some information in your logs that indicates the wyzesense integration is not loaded? Perhaps a plug/unplug of your wyzesense base and/or a host reboot might help with that. Otherwise, you could consider uninstalling & reinstalling the wyzesense addon in HACS.
Nick

The issue for me is using the WyzeSense dongle in my laptop running Home Assistant inside Oracle VM. It works great, until it doesn’t – usually after a Windows update forces the laptop to reboot.

There was a thread somewhere that suggested that BEFORE I start the HA instance inside of Oracle, that I use a DEVCON command. (You can google how to install the ability to use DEVCON within Windows 10.) This command essentially DISABLES the USB port that the WyzeSense dongle is connected to. It must be done from the CMD prompt using Administrator access.

1. Start the VM, but don’t Start HA yet.
  2. CMD prompt (Administrator)
  3. "devcon disable “HID\VID_1A86&PID_E024*” (That’s MY dongle address/ID. Yours may vary.
  4. Start the HA instance inside the VM.
  5. Wait about 10 seconds, until the HA logs are rolling/loading
  6. "devcon enable “HID\VID_1A86&PID_E024*”

This procedure has worked in the past, but the timing of when you enable the port seems to be finicky. Too early, or too late in the startup process, and HA can’t see the port.

Sorry for the vagueness. Maybe someone can elaborate more.

hi guys i know this is a old post , but i just find a good solution , i found this company “smartlab”, i think this company use the wyze camera and sensors for their product , even the app had some reference to the wyzeapp , im from Mexico but not sure if this company is worldwide,
i just bought the sensors and camera , and testing the sensors with the ha-wyzesense integration works flawless , and they are really cheap two door sensors for 8 usd , works , just replace the wyze hub for the smartlab hug and use the integration to add devices , works really good ,
i dont know if you buy this product from outside mexico , but if you are mexican i leave the link to mercadolibre (latin america ebay)