Xiaomi Aqara Zigbee Wall Switch - Anyone using them?

I’ve installed one a few weeks ago (double switch, just live terminals) as a test and ordered another which has just arrived.

Works perfectly for what I need. Means that even if HA fails, the wife can still work a light as normal.

HA reads the state of the switch like anything else, so you can work your automation around that.
I have one switch which is wired to the ceiling lights and the other which isn’t wired to anything (so the relay is active but the live doesn’t go anywhere). That second one turns on 2 Hue bulbs and a Xiaomi Philips bulb.

As always with Xiaomi - good quality products.

@apmillen, @MartinB thanks for your feedback I have a lot of xiaomi products already just wanted to get some confidence from the community that they where reliable. Cheers now just need to find a wall switch replacement for the 3 speed fan.

1 Like

I have wired my whole house with xiaomi switches. Also using wireless switches, temperature, leak and motion sensors. 26 devices in all. Never had a single issue with the gateway or Home Assistant response is instant. Have firewall rule to stop xiaomi gateway “phoning home”

1 Like

@jimpower Have you seen the Sonoff iFan02?
https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-ifan02-wifi-smart-ceiling-fan-with-light.html

No idea if it’s any good, but there might be some potential there.

Same here, gateways have always been rock solid after changing wifi to work around the zigbee channels. i have 50 odd Xiaomi devices and apart from 1 which no matter what i do plays up (thinking duff device) they perform well

Any of you guys here from Australia? I’m wondering how these fit with existing holes in the wall. Do the screw holes line up?

I’m thinking of maybe getting some of these or maybe just go the wireless ones. I’m yet to decide.

I’ve been using those switchs for about 8 months now. And half of them are broken. As I reserched for those kind of issues aparently they say u can only use this switchs in china, otherwise they dont take accountability for it. I’m using it in Brazil, and the only difference to the chinese power grid is the frequency, if u live in a country with smilar power grid specs as china I belive you would be good to go. Otherwise forget about it. On of them exploded in my daughter room.

Considering your power runs at 127/220V 60Hz and these switches are rated 220V/50Hz.

Good reminder to everyone not to mess with the electric lines if you don’t entirely know what you’re doing and atleast consult a professional first.

Personally I wouldn’t put non rated/certified devices inside my wall. The picture above form @Paulo_Victor_Ervedos looks very scary!!! I certainly do not want to have a fire start inside my wall and burn the house down! I’ve recently swapped all my Sonoff’s behind my switches to the new CE certified ones.

Riley.

Could you expand on the new CE Certified ones?

I have round 15 Xiaomi Aqara wall switches installed in my house. The great thing about them is that they don’t require neutral, they are affordable and look good. Unfortunately I find the switches are a bit unreliable. My scenes involve a number of the switches and often the actions are delayed by 15-20sec or some of the switches don’t actually switch. Also I have two switches that keep disappearing from home assistant and they only come back after a restart. Sometimes can fix things for a while by unplugging the gateways and plugging them back in. Besides the wall switches I also use Xiaomi Aqara sensors, including the motion sensor, buttons, wireless wall switches and the temperature sensor. These work very reliably and fast without any issues. I have only problems with the wall switches.
Did anybody come across the same issue?
Maybe worth mentioning that I am using a lot of LED light bulbs and LED light strips in my house and they hardly use any power when switched off. Could this be an issue with the no-neutral setting?

Just checked the spec, it says:

Load range : no more than 800W / each, minimum : 3W energy saving lamps / 5W LED lights / 16W fluorescent lamps

So LED lamps should not be a problem.

I’ve found out that these Xiaomi Aqara wall switches have a very limited range. In my home the other Aquara devices have range up to 10-15 m (I am using CC2531 / RPi3 / Hass.io), while these switches have only… 3 m (and link quality drops to zero). So I had to include additional CC2531 as routers in my Zigbee network to use them.
I have even dismantled one switch to look for internal antenna to extend, but I’ve failed to found it.

I have 5 switches with neutral and 2 without neutral and LED bulbs only. I actually do have problems with the no neutral version switches - I do see LED lights flicker significantly when light is on (tested with regular ikea bulbs and other manufacturers). Thinking about getting rid of both of them.

I’m only using the wireless xiaomi aqara switches because I don’t have any knowledge or experience with wiring electricity. I also have a bunch of tradfri light bulbs that also use zigbee. Therefore there’s a very good zigbee mesh network in my apartment so everything works as expected! Everything is being controled with a CC2531 stick that’s plugged in to my Rpi3 that runs HA.

did you manage to get the power readings to show up like the mi home app?

Re-opening this a bit later: I have two of these switches at present, and they’ve both worked perfectly, but they are the ones that need the neutral line. One is a single and one a double switch.

In ZHA, they appear as a light and three extra sensors: two of those sensors don’t seem to return anything but the other does give a number. Anyone know what sensor.lumi_lumi_ctrl_ln1_aq1_0282c5f8_2_12 is likely to be? Do these things have a power sensor in them? Temperature? Illumination?

What version of this switch? neutral line line1? 127v 60hz? Or 240v 60hz?

Mine is the 240v 50Hz with neutral line.

What zigbee hub do you use?