Xiaomi cleargrass Bluetooth gateway

Hi

Found new Xiaomi gateway, instead of Zigbee this one is Bluetooth.

AFAIU this one acts as BT receiver for all kind of bluetooth “subdevices” like Temp and humidity sensor from same Clear glass series.

Question is if anyone knows if it can be implemented in HA, together with all BT sensors it receives?

Thanks

I see it has bluetooth and wifi. Wow, such innovation!

I’ll stick to my esp32’s for xiaomi bluetooth to HA integration.

Yeah, I see it basically does what the ESP32 does.

This would have been of interest if it had a LAN port as well, really a shame that Xiaomi never uses wired LAN for anything…their cameras are also well-priced, but WiFi-only.

ESP32 is great, but when you get power supply and box, and assemble it, price difference is negligible.
This Xiaomi looks ok and if it is going to be “plug and play” it would make more sense to me than building ESP32.

Yet you don’t know if it has an open api, or is any way compatible with HA. I’d say esp32 wins. :slight_smile:

Of course, but if we are to be correct you are off topic :wink:

True, and I often accuse others of that too.

I think you’ll have to do some research - start perhaps by sniffing communication between the device and its “home”. Or by sniffing what goes on between its app and home (easy enough on android, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.greyshirts.sslcapture

Although heaven knows we don’t know need more cloud dependencies in HA.

Also the code for the Xiaomi zigbee gateway is here

Heaven know if you will find any similarities with the gateway you are referring to.

Also could you please edit your subject line in the first post, this device is called cleargrass not clear glass. It may just help others searching…

Searching CGSPR1 doesn’t seem to bring up anything other than adverts…

1 Like

Good afternoon
Could someone link xiaomi CGSPR1 with HA.?
My knowledge is basic, I have only obtained some data that it sends in the pairing with APP

2020-03-19 17:42:38 - device list dump:

Did: xxxxxxxxx
Name: Gateway
Model: cgllc.gateway.s1
Token: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
IP: 192.168.10.100
FW: 2.0.5_0015

1 Like

I have managed to open the wrapper a little, enough to see that it has an ESP32-WROOM-32U chip inside.
I’ll try to open without breaking

Excellent. If you can access pins to flash it, we have a very nice esp32 device that is tidy enough for most WAF.

Do you an fccid for this device?

Wouldn’t a simple CC2531 stick connected to RPI (running HA) do exactly the same? Also, it would allow to control variety of other devices, philips, ikea. Moreover, you are not stuck with what data goes to china servers (or any other servers for that matter)

No, a cc2531 doesn’t do Bluetooth.

Are you an fccid for this device?
You have to excuse me, I have no idea what you mean.
As for accessing the pins to flash, that’s the idea, but I don’t know how to get a usb, from the pins to flash with esphome, or in any case the components I need to make the flash. If anyone knows of a good guide for it, I will keep trying to disassemble the case. At the moment I cannot find a way without breaking anything.

Sorry do you have an fccid?

Did you get any further with this? Mine arrived yesterday. It is easy to get the back off and tear through the black paper and see the esp32.

Harder to get the other end off. I do wonder whether breaking it and then once flashed, putting a 3d printed case around it might be the only way.

Hello,
I have a bluetooth gateway “ClearGrass CGSPR1 - Qingping Bluetooth Gateway” and I can’t reconnect it to my home network (I’m using a router: Compal Connect Box from UPC). When I first connected to my home network via the “Mi Home” application, everything worked fine and the gate was added without any problems. However, after a while in the “Mi Home” application it was inactive (gray). I decided to remove it from the “Mi Home” application and add it again. When I try to add again, only the first two steps are performed correctly, but the last point “Connecting device to network …” shows an error. I have tried several times and I get the same error every time. I tried to add this gateway by connecting my phone to a HotSpot made on another phone and it worked. However, trying to connect again while I was connected to my home Wi-Fi network resulted in the same error every time. On my router I only set up the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network, turned off the firewall, changed the network name and password to simple but that did not solve the problem. I returned to the original configuration of the router, where the gateway connected only the first time. Can You help me ?

I changed the Wi-Fi settings encryption from “mixed WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK” to “WPA2-PSK only” in my router and it worked. Thank you @rezmus89 from reddit.