Xiaomi Gateway Integration

I have exactly the same problem, can’t figure out why it happens as it’s completely random :frowning:

My impression it’s a bug of the new gateway firmware. Can somebody confirm?

It’s definitely the ghost issue, it exists even before the latest firmware upgrade.

I’ve been having this for a while, not just recently.

that sucks, was kind of hoping these would work well…

Yes, it’s really a bad behaviour. At this point basically I can’t use the motion sensor for my purpose: automated home alarm. The alarm it’ not reliable if the motion sensor randomly give false positive presence.
At the least I’m not the only one with this issue.
I can confirm I had this problem before the last firmware update (now I’m on 1.4.1_148).

There is another suspicion: Does the issue occur for everyone or just for people who denied the internet access of the xiaomi gateway?

Nope happens to me without blocking the internet to the gateway.

Maybe an idea could be that somebody try these sensors with another gateway such as RaspBee since these are Zigbee right ?

Jep! Take a look here: Edito – Avancement de la passerelle ZiGate – Faire soi-même

yes but why wait, it’s already developed by dresden elektronik 50€ USB and 35€ for raspberry pi module, they have a REST protocol, also by going this way if you have multiple gateways you can reduce that to one (that beeing said if all are Zigbee), they support IKEA, Philips, Osram and i think also Xiaomi. I just ordered an RaspBee module so i can replace my hue and ikea gateway.

see here :
https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/57

1 Like

Can you confirm it works for Xiaomi?

My xiaomi home gateway has access to internet

I doubt the xiaomi profile is supported. Xiaomi is using “zigbee pro”.

check this Produktkatalog - dresden elektronik

RaspBee
Brings ZigBee connectivity to Raspberry Pi. The shield allows direct communication with ZigBee PRO devices like Philips Hue, XBee Series 2 and others.

I’m curious! :slight_smile:

+1 I’m curious too. (just ordered my second Xiaomi gateway ^^)

@syssi well it seems pretty clear to me that it works on at least those two devices in the link i gave you were somebody has confirmed it working.

The issue on github looks very promising.

I didn’t mention that the motion sensor was stuck on ON since more than a day. Restarting HA didn’t help.
To reset the motion sensor I had to unplug the battery from the sensor.