Xiaomi gateway light unavailable after exactly 2,5 hours (Solved)

It is weird that I need to enable multicast_snooping under my merlin router setting then I can see package to reach the host of the container. However, the multicast package does not pass to the container and the value of /sys/devices/virtual/net/docker0/bridge/multicast_snooping is always 1. I changed it to 0 and reboot and it turns back to 1. So I cannot test if it really work if disabling snooping under the host really works. I am using debain + docker + hass.io setting, are there any means to correct the multicast_snooping setting under the host? thank you.

Hi! I have the same problem on hassio installed on raspberry pi3b+ā€¦ could you explain me where can I find this file?
Thanks a lot!

Another fix has been posted by @sonartribe at https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/20329#issuecomment-466821849

Very likely that itā€™s going to be in a new HA version coming the next weeks.

If the MAC address of your Xiaomi Gateway starts with ā€˜04ā€™ please update HA to 0.88.2 because of: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/21453
Some people here are affected. Some may be not.

Iā€™ve solved my problem by opening port in firewall

Which port are we talking about here? Thanks
Right now I am using latest firmware 1.4.1_167_0158, HA on Dockers 0.91.4, gateway light still same issue.

My solution was this:
In configuration.yaml:
change:

xiaomi_aqara:
  discovery_retry: 5
  gateways:
    - key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

to:

xiaomi_aqara:
  discovery_retry: 99999
  gateways:
    - key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Had no disconnects now for more than 24 hours.

I donā€™t get why open port is a solution.
Home assistant and xiaomi gateway are in the same lan, so firewall is ineffective.

Hi, after days of investigation, I found a solution. But it depend by my installation.
Iā€™m using Hass.io with a virtual machine on vmware and before I had a nat lan in the configuration of the virtual machine. I opened the port in the nat settings of vmware, but probably thereā€™s some limitation. When I changed to bridged lan, xiaomi gateway started to work, since all the traffic passed through my real router.
Hope it helps.

hi,
i still have this problem.
any update about it ?

Hi, I have been working on trying to get my Xiaomi sensor to stop showing unavailable. I had to abandon the Xiaomi bridge as it just stopped working after a firmware update. Before the update, the bridge was in the middle of the house, and I had no problem to view the sensor in the app or Hassio. I bought the Nortek Zigbee HUSBZB-1 device and loaded the sensor, they stopped working after a while, always said ā€œunavailable.ā€ I thought I had issues with the network and bought some Ge Zigbee switches, as I thought they would function as a repeater. The Ge switches did not work, and I gave up for a while. I changed out batteries, and that seems to work for about an hour, then again the ā€œunavailable.ā€

Then, I had to move my Hassio setup to an area that was less than 15 feet from my Nortek Zigbee HUSBZB-1 sensor to a temp sensor. I replaced the batteries on the temp and water sensor, and for a week, I have not lost connections. So I concluded, I need better repeaters, but which ones. I found a write up from a blog post on Hubitant site about network issues affect these sensors and the recommended repeaters. I bout the 4 Ikea switches and two repeaters and scattered them across the house. I replaced some Sonoff device and replaced them with these, so far it is all working. I will let you know in a week if I get the evil ā€œunavailable.ā€

Are you sure you donā€™t have WiFi interferences?
What channel do you use for WiFi and for zigbee?
I had issues like yours and it was channel overlapping

`
Since about 2 weeks i have the same problem. My xiaomi sensors (aqara / mi) after 2.5 hours seems to become unavailable but I see that they donā€™t work immediately.
I checked several things:

• wifi / zigbee interference
  • multicast forwarding
  • device batteries
  • firmware versions and software version
  • configuration of the xiaomi_aquara component in home assistant
  • gateway xiaomi and my 11 device

and everything was ok.
With the idea of ā€‹ā€‹having to wait for a firmware or HA update, I started a new and clean home assistant on another container docker with only the configuration of the xiaomi gateway and VOILA , device works perfectly!!!
Now I have to find out what to do in the home assistant production installation without having to reinstall everything!!
`

i also ran into problems with my Aqara Gateway Light, it does exactly this behavior - light turn off after 2.5 hours repeatedly - im on Hassio 0.118, so do you have found a solution without reinstalling everything? I donā€™t have problems with the connected devices they work through this 2.5h interval but the gateway light turns unavailableā€¦

Hello,

Did you ever found a solution to it. Or have a fresh install is the only way to go.

Thanks.

Sorry, i got rid of it in the end.