Xiaomi WiFi Plugs unavailable in hass.io but not disconnected from WiFi

Hi all,

i bought 2 Xiaomi WiFi Plugs about two months ago because they were a little cheaper than the Zigbee version.
They connect to WiFi directly and don’t require the Gateway which i still also have because all my other Xiaomi stuff needs it.

Now, the WiFi plugs both randomly disconnect from hass.io. As i can see from the hass.io logs they disconnect from 3 times per week up to 10 times per day.

Both plugs are within 5m/16ft range of my Unifi AP AC LR.
My Unifi Controller tells me that their “WiFi experience” is between 3%-15% which is obviously terrible but their signal strength is between -50db and -45db.

Even more surprising is the fact, that according to the Unifi Controller, both plugs have never disconnected since i first set them up, they have been connected to my WiFi for 2 months straight.

So is this a bug within hass.io or are the WiFi plugs just garbage?

Has anyone else experienced the same problems?

Hello Kuglikrug,
your problem is really strange. I probably can not solve it either. What miraber spontaneously came up with is that the Xiaomi devices that I know all spark on 2.4GHz WiFi. Did you perhaps make a change here? And somehow every summer I have the feeling that my WiFi has a worse performance when it is warm in the apartment, maybe that’s just subjective, but it seems to me …
How are the Xiaomi switches involved, maybe there was a change here through HA update?
good luck solving your problem…

Hi @VolkerKa,
the WiFi plugs indeed use 2.4GHz (here is the exact model that i own).
I did not change any WiFi settings and other 2.4GHz Xiaomi devices like my Yeelights never disconnect.
Your summer season issue sounds even weirder than mine :joy:
I will take a look at all HA updates and see if they were any major changes in recent history and will take another look at my config.