Xiaomi Yeelight E27 bulb component

That’s great news!
Just FYI it works fine on bulb model: YLDP02YL

I’ve just found it’s other component that was here.
Generally works ok, can’t say which is better. The new one doesn’t support transitions but the old one had some issues with that also.

It would be great if you can help update the documentation.
In the upper right corner of any documentation page, you will find “Edit this page on GitHub”.
Follow the link and submit your suggested change.
Demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/dRfk9JAlPJk?t=1h16m17s

I have YLDP01YL (white only) and the automation seems to work but the switch to turn on/off the light in frontend doesn’t seem to work properly.

If I click on the light toggle in the frontend, the light will turn on. but after few seconds, it will toggle back to off position even though the light remain on.

I found this error in the home-assistant.log file…

16-11-07 XX:XX:XX homeassistant.core: Exception inside async loop: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/light/yeelight.py", line 132, in update
    self._bulb.get_property(self._bulb.PROPERTY_NAME_RGB_COLOR))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Hello everyone,

I’ve received an e-mail from Daniel Who point at me this topic. I’ve developed the support of Yeelight for Home Assistant.

I only develop this with RGB model and ask for a rgb property on a only white bulb make the library crash.

I’m not available until 10 days, but I will try to fix this issue when I will be at home even if I don’t have the bulb.

Excellent! Thank you so so much

Thank you for adding support. May i ask ,when you have some more spare time ofc, if you want to take a look at adding support for transition time? So that a user can define a transition time in each automation. i’m trying to get this to work with the other implementation, but unfortunately i have no luck.

It’s on the roadmap, but I can’t say when. I’ve already implemented this feature on the Yeelight python library Home Assistant rely on.

The last part is to make aware home assitant how to use it. But it can take some time. :wink:

2 Likes

Just want to say a huge thanks for the work this far! Having 7 of these rgb lights, and the fact that they work nicely with home assistant is awesome! Keep up the good work! =)

I’m really glad that someone found the time to push the Yeelight support to HA. And I’m also more than happy that some of my code seemed to be useful.:+1:

I’m struggling to connect Yeelight RGBW to my wifi - router is MikroTik, tried with iPad and two Android phones - no luck, tried with yeelight app and mi smart home - no luck - anyone can share some tips how to make this working - connecting to network?

Thanks for the work on these guys. Just wanted to add some issues I encountered along the way that may help others.

1 There are 2 apps that will control these lights, MiHome and Yeelight. I read somewhere that the Yeelight application is the only one that has the option to switch a light to Developer mode required to use with 3rd party software such as Home Assistant.

2 Initially, when using the Yeelight application, Developer mode was nowhere to be found. After updating the lamp firmware from 1.2…something to 1.4.1_45 Developer mode appeared in the options menu for the lamp. So if you’re having problems finding Developer mode check the firmware level.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I forgot I ran into this whole setting up my lights. This may be a good thing to put on the component page where it talks about enabling developer.

I’ll submit a page edit later.

Hello. I just setup my yeelight with homeassistant,

I realized that there is no slider for color temp in frontend switch. While there is some option for color temp in automation, is there anyway to put the slider in frontend?

2 Likes

Regarding the option for colour temp, I guess that due to absence of this option, Flux Light Adjustment switch doesn’t work with this component. It would be nice to have if possible.

Any news about problem of yeelight white bulb i last HA version?

Hi to every one,

At half of October i bought 2 yeelight bulbs, 1 white and 1 RGB. At the beginning i was using custom-component from mxtra (worked perfectly in both lights).

Then when new version of HA appeared to be compatible with yeelight i updated and also worked well if i remember.

Last week i bought 4 yeelight bulbs more and all with last firmware and with develop-mode on. I updated HA to version 0.33.3 and only RGB bulb works the other 5, don’t respond and in one of them, i have the same problem as masterkenobi.

Please can you tell when this problem will be solve? what solution do you take? working with custom_component with mxtra?

thanks a lot to every one and specially to the developers of the code that they make this very useful!

Hello Everyone,
I am tring to setup Yeelight.
Tried to use suggested setting format:
devices:
192.168.0.120:
name: test
But in this case config file become broken.
Switched to:
devices:
ip: 192.168.0.120
name: test
First time it worked fine, but now i keep having error:
Invalid Config
The following components and platforms could not be set up home assistance
light.yeelight

Thx, for support.

My config looks like this and works fine for weeks. Which version off HA do you use?

light:
  - platform: yeelight
    devices:
      192.168.2.28:
        name: Couchlampe

Bought 2 color bulb 9W and 1 White 8W. Price was too tempting. Hope for great integration in HA

Hello All.

Big Thanks for all info.

I muse have Home assustant and ha bridge in order to use Yeelight ?

or can i integrate Yeelight ha bridge?
Can anyone make arrangement what exactly need to do in order to use Yeelight ?

Big Thanks!