Yeelight 1S unavailable v0.117.0

Got 6 Yeelight bulbs: x2 old ones which are working ok and x4 model 1S which become unavailable since version 0.116 and in 0.117 same behaviour

When power cycling them they become online but if home assistant restarted this message shows in logs for every 1S bulb and they become unavailable:

Cannot determine device type for IP, yeelight_color4_0x000000000123xxxx. Falling back to white only

Tried both ways from UI integration, and from yaml file, same result.
Is there solution for this with Yeelight integration?

There is manual way to control from CLI, which is working while light is unavailable:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/yeelights-control-from-shell-command-telnet

But its needed to write code for every action

Please advise if possible to make Yeelight integration working

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem here after upgrading to v0.117.0.

Documentation shows that the S1 Bulb, which has code name “color4”, is not in the Yeelight model list. I gues it needs to be added?

model string (optional)

Yeelight model. Possible values are mono1 , color1 , color2 , strip1 , bslamp1 , ceiling1 , ceiling2 , ceiling3 , ceiling4 , ceiling10 , ceiling13 . The setting is used to enable model specific features f.e. a particular color temperature range

Log error:

2020-11-03 22:08:23 DEBUG (SyncWorker_17) [yeelight.main] Bulb<10.10.30.11:55443, type=BulbType.Unknown> > {‘id’: 4, ‘method’: ‘get_prop’, ‘params’: [‘power’, ‘main_power’, ‘bright’, ‘ct’, ‘rgb’, ‘hue’, ‘sat’, ‘color_mode’, ‘flowing’, ‘bg_power’, ‘bg_lmode’, ‘bg_flowing’, ‘bg_ct’, ‘bg_bright’, ‘bg_hue’, ‘bg_sat’, ‘bg_rgb’, ‘nl_br’, ‘active_mode’]}

Found that bug is in Yeelight firmware and not in Home Assistant

Even when controlling lights from telnet, at some point 1S models stop responding to messages until power cycle (older Yeelights working fine), they still accept commands from telnet and work, but not giving any response as if they were offline

So untill Yeelight won’t update firmware this probably won’t be solved

I’m thinking switching to Tasmota bulbs but I got 6 Yeelights and don’t want to waste them

Do you have a link where the bug was reported? I’ve had the same issue since .116. Really frustrating.

Yeelight forums has many mentions of this problem: