Yeelight led ceiling light compatible with HA

I would call it “basic support”. You can control the light and there is a service to change the mode (enable the moonlight mode f.e.). The control of the ambient light isn’t implemented right now.

1 Like

Is there a chance in the future that we will be able to activate ambient light for the 650 lamp?

It’s no problem in general. It just needs to be implemented. :wink:

Since i have enabled lan control with my Yeelight Ceiling Lights to control them with hassio i have a problem with my yeelight 650. The ambilight automaticly turns on when i power the lamp via hassio on my Browser. With the yeelight app, you could Power on the ambilight and the normal Light seperately and when you did not turn the ambilight on this state was “saved” and after turning it on and off, ambilight stayed off. Now even in the yeelight App the ambilight turns on when i Power on the Ceiling Light. Does anybody know how to fix this without disabling LAN-control (which fixes it but then i cant control the Lights with hassio).

Is there a way to get the ceiling effects to work as well? For example Flash Notify, Tea Time, Candle Flicker etc… And what does the ‘color flow’ mode do?

Would you be able to implement this easily if this PR is merged?

1 Like

Cool! If the PR gets merged I will extend the HA component!

2 Likes

Amazing :slight_smile:
The best would be to create a new light entity for the background light. Because it has all features of a regular yeelight light.
Sorry for the ceiling light 650 you have two entities. One for the main light and one for the rgb background.

Can you also add a way to switch the main light between moonlight mode and normal mode? Maybe an additional switch in the light popup?

1 Like

I’ve done the same for the Xiaomi Eyecare Light in the past. Multiple entities shouldn’t be a problem. A mode switch isn’t possible right now.

2 Likes

Is it possible to adjust brightness in moon mode for yeelight 650?

1 Like

I was thinking about remapping brightness for the lamps with moonlight: 0-10% in HA translates to 0-100% in moonlight mode and 11%-100% maps to 0-100% in “normal mode”. I have a PoC that it’s possible but it needs cleaning up before I can submit it as PR. It’s not too complex so I don’t mind if you reimplement it, I’d need a week or two to finish it up.

1 Like

I also recently started to looking at more user friendly Moon mode setting, and some more yeelight functionality. I’ve started to think if yeelight couldn’t be platform. Then it could provide switch and sensor. Switch for power mode and sensor to read current power mode, and other properties returned by underlying lib. With lovelace ui magic, it should be possible to make nice cards with yeelight full control, power mode and exact state display / control.

1 Like

Its easy to make switch and sensor via shell_command, but platform would be better

This would be cool.

This is my current mood/normal switch, it works great:

configuration.yaml:

input_select:
  yeelight_mode:
    name: Yeelight mode
    options:
      - "normal"
      - "moonlight"
    icon: mdi:weather-night

automation.yaml:

- alias: Input select triggered Yeelight 2
  hide_entity: true
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: input_select.yeelight_mode
  condition:
    - condition: state
      entity_id: light.yeelight_lights_2
      state: 'on'  
  action:
    - service: light.yeelight_set_mode
      entity_id:
        - light.yeelight_ceiling_7c49ebb212
        - light.yeelight_ceiling_7c49ebb3a0
        - light.yeelight_ceiling_7c49ebb3a6
      data_template:
        mode: '{{ states.input_select.yeelight_mode.state }}'

In Lovelace I have an entity card and I added:

1 Like

I’ve created PR with yeelight move into component. It also adds daylight / moonlight switch, for each ceiling light discovered / configured. Switch also read current state, so if you change day / moon from app its state will update.

I was thinking if turning off that switch, should also turn off lamp , or return to day light. But then how to turn on day light ? I was thinking maybe better solution would be to add config option, with default turn on power mode. Then normal light switch could always turn on lamp in desired mode ( day mode ) and moon light would be be controlled via switch ( off will turn off lamp, on will turn on moon mode and lamp ) ?

2 Likes

Good job! :slight_smile:

Awesome!

I’d definitely prefer the config option

OMG! Thanks!

Good day!
I have a lamp Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 with color ambient lights

I can turn it on, off, change the brightness and temperature of the color, but can not find how to change the color and brightness color ambient lights.

configuration.yaml:
light:

• platform: yeelight
    devices:
    192.168.1.163:
    name: Moon
    transition: 1000
    model: ceiling4

scripts:
moon_on:
sequence:
- service: light.turn_on
entity_id:
- light.Moon
data_template:
brightness_pct: 50
kelvin: 3000

Can you help me? How to control brightness and color ambient lights?
Thank you!